What do you miss in Sheffield that used to be here but now is gone?

Originally posted by gremlin_mick

The Crazy Daisy?

I'm not THAT old.

I've just done a google for it, it was called Legends.

Originally posted by Carmine

Anyone recall the Lord Mayor's Parade?

You mean the one that still happens every summer?:D

Mostly I think the Millhouses lido/paddling pools are very sorely missed. I spend my early years there splashin around...

Stupid vandals have to go and spoil everything.

Originally posted by Strix

AAAAARRRGGHHH!!! He He! Which one are you Coffee?

Curly hair bass guitar.

http://www.borracho.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rock/index5.shtml

I used to look like Bruno Martelli from Fame, and my Bro's girlfriend got his picture out of smash hits and it went on my bedroom door.

And once when my hair was particularly long and ringlety, I was playing in a brass band competition in dronfield sports centre, and was wearing a rediculous brass band uniform with small waiter's style jacket and strange trousers with a high waistband, piping down the side and all in a dark blue. I had gone out of the centre into the newsagents and some teenagers thought they had come across Brian May from queen, and wanted autographs. Anyway, I never dissapoint, and even now somebody may see a queen album for sale on e-bay with signature "take it easy man! - Muddy Coffee!"

Originally posted by muddycoffee

Curly hair bass guitar.

You look uncomfortably like a guy I went out with in sixth form (*cringe*).

I know you're not though :D

I saw all these on the Rebels thread. I'd just got used to the idea that this was a crowd I didn't know, when 'Pete-the-glammy-****' (as he was known at the poly, by his thrasher mates) turned up splat in the middle of a pic!

Is that Joules in the Yorkshireman's?

i used to work behind the bar at rebels 92/93 just looked at the rebs website and seen a likeley pic of me there in one of the backgrounds...rebels IS missed

:(

witch

Originally posted by noseyrosie

You mean the one that still happens every summer?:D

You're serious?

Somthing that used to be in sheffield but now its not.

My sanity, and my eyesight.

Damn I miss them both.

In the late 70s /early 80s the Moor was a top shopping street: Habitat and Hamleys were briefly there. That's all gone now.

I miss:

- Redgates - fab place

- The Morning Telegraph, a quality paper

- coffee and cream double decker busses (not old enough for blue and cream)

- The old South Yorkshire Transport logo (as seen on the background of this page (why change it for the stupid "T" thing)

- The Co-ops on Scott Road and Gower Street

- Coulson's on Scott Road (Spar)

- The Hole in the Road

- kids menu of chips, beans and sausages in BHS on Haymarket (the plate had circus animals on the edge)

- Lidos at Longley and Millhouses

- The old tramp at the bottom of Waingate at Lady's Bridge who used to shout at the sky

- Wards

I recall those busses...I even remember getting on the number 54 near Rivelin Park for the staggering fare of 2p!

Originally posted by Carmine

I recall those busses...I even remember getting on the number 54 near Rivelin Park for the staggering fare of 2p!

I was a bus freak and can remember getting on the number 8 circular and wanting to stay on it until I got home again (sad, I know). That was only ever time I had to pay more than 2p on the bus - it was 4p.

It was publically owned, on-time, ran to timetables, and got you about. Now everything is private, but more subsidised than ever. Do we pay less tax? Long live the People's Republic!