Hygiene at Virgin Gym, Heeley!!!

A pool is supposed to be closed for so many hours after this happens ! I atually would be concerned and report them.

I have heard they are closing it down for a refurb shortly but members will be able to renew with discounts of up to a turd off:hihi:

I have heard they are closing it down for a refurb shortly but members will be able to renew with discounts of up to a turd off:hihi:

You're sh*tting me!

:hihi:

Skidmarks? :huh:

Does he drive round the car park like a mad man?

Whats that got to do with him not wiping his bum

You've got to be joking? ;) A bloke who doesn't know what skiddies are?!

He's joking. Mr Busdriver is one of the forum's wind-up merchants ya know.

He's a bus driver (apparently) - sheff forum seems to universally detest bus drivers

He's a Leeds fan (apparently) - he posts regularly in the footy threads winding up blades, owls, barnsley and any other south yorkshire fan to the fullest.

Just let it wash over you.......but don't do it in Virgin Gym showers/pool. :)

He's joking. Mr Busdriver is one of the forum's wind-up merchants ya know.

He's a bus driver (apparently) - sheff forum seems to universally detest bus drivers

He's a Leeds fan (apparently) - he posts regularly in the footy threads winding up blades, owls, barnsley and any other south yorkshire fan to the fullest.

Just let it wash over you.......but don't do it in Virgin Gym showers/pool. :)

Yeah, you'd have thought bus drivers knew more about getting skids than most people, sat in their cabs all day ;)

Though maybe Richard "the third" Branson knows more about skiddies and winnets than most? :huh:

I saw TWO floating it the pool just the other day!

One was wearing sunglasses and had a cocktail. He was telling his mate he'd just popped out but would be leaving soon!

i was also at virgin when this was found and i spoke to the lifeguard who calmly assured me that the because it was not found in the pool that it was put in the gulley area and that he went to get the night cleaner to disinfect the area. i watched the night cleaner do this. there are procedures if a poo is found in the pool but the pool is not closed for 24 hrs as someone is saying. virgn active is by far the best club in the city bar none. the staff can't help if someone has an accident in or around the pool, all they can do is deal with the situation which the lifeguard and night cleaner did very quickly. for you people who said they were going to join but not now because of this...grow up. you can only see with your own eyes how good the club is and not go on one persons poor 5 mins!!!

Hmmmmm.... hands up if you think this new person works for Virgin! They're not doing much for membership if they do - I wouldn't join a gym where the staff thought it was O.K. to leave poo lying around on the side of the pool in the first place and then insults anyone who dares say otherwise!

Getting back to the original reason for the post, I used to attend an evening ladies session at Aston pool. Several weeks ago turned up to find it closed as a child from a morning school group had become unwell and had been sick in the pool . The attendant explained that on such occasions the pool has to be cleaned, treated and then closed for a specific number of hours for the treatment to work. Would seem that Virgin are not doing this ??

for you people who said they were going to join but not now because of this...grow up

If you read the thread, there are lots of criticisms on here regarding the hygiene/cleanliness. It's up to Virgin to address these, if they wish customers to remain. I have other gripes: security - stuff nicked, the wind tunnel factor, when you come out of the pool into the changing rooms, that I was always told "was being addressed". I am no longer a member and have no intentions of returning.

Hey Diva,

All the stuff you just said about virgin just amazes me coz we ceased our membership about 3 years ago and all the stuff you mentioned was happening back then. - stuff nicked, freezing pool, freezing changing rooms, steam room slime all under the tiled seating coz not cleaned properly. The food in cafe was sent back several times til we just stopped using it.

the thing is I was going shortly after it just opened and all the same probs are still there! On finding stuff in the pool - the staff told us it needed to be shut down and cleaned out properly when this happened but it never was coz they didn't want the pool closed coz it looks bad. I know its all about give and take but I think for the money thay charge its all a bit shabby

If you're a member complain - send this thread to virgin sheff and head office - dont put up with it, get together and get em to sort it.

I googled "Virgin Gym" and came up with a link which said:

"We blow the competition out of the water! "

A fat friend of mine fell over at Virgin gym and a couple of attendants started laughing at him as they seem to think its funny when a fat person falls over. Needless to say it shot his confidence a bit and hasnt been back since. Poop in a pool is rank though.