My 5yr old has got a voting card

Like postal voting fraud itself who benefits the most from such "errors"?... that's right.

Never underestimate the capacity of the council to mess things up.

Granted that it seems almost limitless, even the council can't put someone's name on the register if they haven't been given it. That takes clairvoyance, not incompetence.

It's conceivable that someone somewhere in the council could be inventing names to put on the register, but if that were so, she'd have received an invented name, not a real one of a 5-year-old.

are you sure he's not a victim of identity fraud?

Maybe they have just come back from Zimbabwe.

Like postal voting fraud itself who benefits the most from such "errors"?

Well, who? So far we've had them committed by all three major parties that have been proven and convicted in court. It could be a Tory-supporting council worker, or a Labour-supporting one, or a Lib-Dem-supporting one. It could even be a Monster Raving Loony-supporting one, being even more Monsterly Raving Loony than usual.

Any ideas who he will be voting for.

Well if he likes playing in the park, it probably won't be Labour. :hihi:

Is this real ? Sorry to sound doubtful, but this one comes up every year.

I read an article in the Guardian a couple of years back by a guy whose 9-year-old son had been sent a letter by the local GP. This letter said that according to their records the son was a smoker, and asked if he would like assistance in giving up. 9 years old!

Whenever you have a database state this kind of bureaucratic incompetence will always occur. It's one of the many reasons why we shouldn't have ID cards.

Whenever you have a database state this kind of bureaucratic incompetence will always occur. It's one of the many reasons why we shouldn't have ID cards.

And now think about a similar 'clerical error' on a national ID card database - you could find yourself accused of murder ("well sir, your DNA matches and DNA is never wrong"), terrorism, or something equally bad.

Easy to correct stuff like this on a council's electoral roll. Much harder to get your ID database record changed, and that's provided you're not stuck in Guantanamo Bay....

Ive heard of this kind of stuff before. Saw a programme where this guy opened bank accounts and got credit cards in his budgies name!

Its all a bit dodgy :suspect:

And now think about a similar 'clerical error' on a national ID card database - you could find yourself accused of murder ("well sir, your DNA matches and DNA is never wrong"), terrorism, or something equally bad.

Which you could prove to be false in about one second, so why worry about it.

Today my 5 yr old son has received a voting card...

Lucky boy - my daughter received a letter from the Inland Revenue giving her a tax code when she was 5 (and I'm absolutely positive she wasn't moonlighting).