Help Needed I Want A Basset Hound !! Just look at my girl

:wave::nono:PLEASE CAN SOME BODY HELP WE ARE WANTING A BASSET HOUND WE HAVE VERY NEARLEY GONE AND BOUGHT ONE NO SORRY TWICE WE NEARLY BOUGHT ONE AND ON BOTH OCCASIONS WE VERY NEARLY GOT RIPPED OFF BOTH PEPOLE WANTED US TO PAY FOR THE DOGS EVEN BEFORE SEEING THEM

"" I DONT THINK SO ""JUST BE CAREFULL OF PEOPLE WHO SAY OH I WILL DELIVER YOUR PUPPY OR I WILL COURIER IT FOR YOU THE KIDS GOT VERY EXCITED ONLY TO FIND IT'S A CON IT'S NOT JUST WITH BASSET HOUNDS

IVE SEEN IT HAPPEN WITH BULLDOGS, GERMAN SHEPHARDS, WESTIES

JUST BE CAREFULL !!

ONE WOULDN'T SEND US PHOTOS AND WHEN THEY DID EVENTULEY SEND PHOTOS THEY WAS PICTURES OF JACK RUSSELS AS IF I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT A BASSET HOUND LOOKED LIKE !!

IT GETS ME MAD TO THINK SOMEONE COULD DO THIS TO UNSUSPECTING

PEOPLE WHO ARNT AWARE OF THINGS LIKE THIS .

SO IF THERE ARE ANY GENUINE BASSAT HOUND BREEDERS COULD YOU PLEASE GET IN TOUCH OR CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A LINK FOR GOOD GENUINE BREEDERS NOT TO EXPENSIVE PLEASE :clap::suspect:

why are u typing in capitals, can u re-do your post with out capitals please

:)BECAUSE I AM VISULAY IMPAIRED AND ITS BETTER FOR ME TO SEE IT !!

THATS WHY I PUT IT IN COLOUR :hihi:

Have you tried the KC puppy sales register:

http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/asp/PSAR/psar-search.asp?breed=Basset+Hound&loc=4

There seems to be a litter on there that must be about 5 weeks at present. Otherwise, it'll be worth contacting the breed club (http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/asp/PSAR/psar-search.asp?breed=Basset+Hound&loc=4) which has a breeders section on the website.

I've just increased the size to help you see it!

:hihi:

OK sorry i didnt no :)

ITS OK YOUR NOT THE FIRST TO ASK IT DOS'NT BOTHER ME ITS JUST PART OF THE NORM !!:cool::nod:

Have you tried the KC puppy sales register:

http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/asp/PSAR/psar-search.asp?breed=Basset+Hound&loc=4

There seems to be a litter on there that must be about 5 weeks at present. Otherwise, it'll be worth contacting the breed club (http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/asp/PSAR/psar-search.asp?breed=Basset+Hound&loc=4) which has a breeders section on the website.

I've just increased the size to help you see it!

THANKS FOR THAT

AND I WILL HAVE A LOOK AT THE SITES

[email protected]

I'd definitely go with the Kennel Club too- there are a lot of scams out there but KC are pretty reliable. Good luck. You could also try Basset Hound Rescue

ok - how about you alter your screen settings so you can see your own typing? (although you didn't have any trouble reading the replies by the looks of things :rolleyes: )

Do you have previous experience of Basset Hounds or do you just like the look of them? They are notoriously difficult dogs to own, train and live with, and reputedly only suitable for those with a real affinity for the breed. I am a beagle owner - a hound with similar stubbornness and scent motivation, but the Basset just knocks the beagle into a cocked hat for being 'difficult'. They are only short, but they are big dogs, prone to back, eye and ear problems, besides the VERY doggy odour they emit!!!

If you are looking for a good breeder, get yourself to a suitable dog show - usually a champ show for a breed such as this which are a bit thin on the ground. Make sure you talk to a lot of breeders - that way you'll get to find out who's only in it for the money, who's suspected of puppy farming (yes, you can get KC reg'd puppy farmed pups ;) ) and who really knows their stuff and bloodlines

Never phone anybody who's advertising in the newspapers or on the internet. Always make sure you know the 'reputation' of the person you're arranging to purchase a pup from - and make sure that the breeder has a lifetime returns policy - that way you know you're not lining the pockets of somebody who just doesn't care what happens to the rest of the litter!

no ive not had a basset hound before but im making shure i am finding out every thing first i know they are not your normal ever day dog for one it will be inshuredand yes larger print is beer my hubby reads the ones that are to small :)

Dying to know if you got your dog yet fabcakes!

no not yet we put everything on hold

becourse my mum became ill

she had bleed on her brain & a sroke

she is still in hospital she's beenthere agood 8 weeks naw

she away with the fairys a lot

i need to get her better first.:)

we will be hopefully be geting two in feb / march

worth the waigt!! ;):thumbsup: