Pitsmoor as seen by Google

Hi Castley,

I lived on Edgar St, born 45 and left in the 60's used to live at 69 same yard as John Cox and Stephen Sykes, happy days on the wreck and Smiths Field, kick can at the end of the street by Pepperdines fruit shop, Gillots bakery down lyons st scrounging day old cakes and bread from the drivers when they came back to the depot, races around the block starting at Pepperdines, on Edgar st up Harleston st on petre st down lyons st and a swing round the gas lamp at Pepperdines for the winner.might have been 'mucky' but we did'nt know any different.

My name is Ian, I had an elder brother Gordon and a sister Barbara.

Ciao

I've been told today that Melvyn Pilgrim passed away yesterday. He was a top man and am privleged to say I had lots of good laughs with him

Darra, I know some of the people you are on about Ian Lemmons for one,Colin Gunstone for anotherand Martin Manterfield( he had a brother called David) if its the same one. Isee Ian quite a lot and Colin is married to a girl I used to work with.

Martin Manterfield (born 1957) did not have a brother, but a sister Michelle. (born 1961) David was his dad's Dennis' brother ( Dennis worked at Wilson Brothers in Kirk Street, off Gower Street.) Martin's mother's name is Jean.

Edited by stpetre
Add

Hi Jane2008, yes he has - I am his cousin.

Hi Jane2008, yes he has - I am his cousin.

Sorry for your loss LABlade, he was a top man.

Martin Manterfield (born 1957) did not have a brother, but a sister Michelle. (born 1961) David was his dad's Dennis' brother ( Dennis worked at Wilson Brothers in Kirk Street, off Gower Street.) Martin's mother's name is Jean.

You are right he did have a sister Michelle. Dennis was a marvel at metal working. He replaced the sills on my car in a morning so that it copuld pass the MOT. Martin as I understand it is no longer with us. Can anybody say hello to any of the people I know mentioned on here Ian Lemons Colin Gunstone etc.

Edited by darra

There is a good group on facebook called "Pitsmoorians of the past" some of you might like.