Britain's got talent.

Has anyone else ever wondered why they don't publicise the number of phone votes that are made ?

It would give us an indication of:

1 How many votes each contestant received.

2 How much money actually went to the charity.

3 How much profit was made by BT and Simon Cowell.

Why should it be kept a secret ?

You'd have thought that after the recent bad publicity regarding phone votes, Ofwatch would have ordered all TV shows to publish results.

I agree with you in principle .... but if you dont agree with linning their pockets .... do as i do ..... dont bother voting. I enjoyed watching BGT, but lets face it, its not going to change my life one iota who wins, so why should i bother spending my money to vote

Britain's Got Talent has just sold out the evening show at the Arena and a matinee show is just about to be put on sale - visit the Arena web site for all the latest info.

Has anyone else ever wondered why they don't publicise the number of phone votes that are made ?

It would give us an indication of:

1 How many votes each contestant received.

2 How much money actually went to the charity.

3 How much profit was made by BT and Simon Cowell.

Why should it be kept a secret ?

You'd have thought that after the recent bad publicity regarding phone votes, Ofwatch would have ordered all TV shows to publish results.

Yep as in my last comment above I also question why ITV don't publish the actual numbers of votes.

After all they do that in a General election.

It would also make for a much more exciting finale, when you really won't know who has won until all the numbers have been read out.

I think a brief mention about how much was earnt for the Variety charity was featured on Britain's Got More Talent.

Even Stephen Mulhern, the host of Britain's got talent said on air that he'd love to know how close the vote was..... well if he doesn't even know then there's little hope that the viewing public would ever know!

It does however seem to indicate a lack of transparency and does seem to point to a covering up of some information.

Perhaps ITV know that amongst the numbers their is multiple voting going on and disclosing the actual numbers may lead to too much scrutiny.

Perhaps what really needs to happen is an independent body to oversee the phone vote to make sure multiple votes aren't counted and that no voting irregularities arise.

I agree with you in principle .... but if you dont agree with linning their pockets .... do as i do ..... dont bother voting. I enjoyed watching BGT, but lets face it, its not going to change my life one iota who wins, so why should i bother spending my money to vote

Well you never know, winning Britain's Got Talent may lead George Samspon onto bigger and better things, and it may lead him to get several TV contracts.

In a few years time he may become Mr.TV, to such an extent that you can't avoid him everytime you switch on your set.

Then you might be think.... damn I wish I did vote for Escala!;)

I don't believe the the lad deserved to win. All his votes came from teenagers who love to spend their pocket money on txt messaging. There were much more talented people who should have won. Some of whom didn't even get to the final.

Maybe the final decision should have been left to Prince Charles himself :P

Yes I tend to agree, George Sampson did tend to appeal more to voters that would have a propensity to vote on TV voting shows like Big Brother, and they also were properly versed in the multiple voting technique.

On another forum one person commented that when he voted for Signature he got straight through, but when his daughter tried to get through to vote for George she couldn't get through.

To me that indicates that possibleythe voting line was flooded by calls, however it does make you wonder why George line was flooded and yet Signature wasn't, I can understand if one act stood out head and shoulders above the others that this might happen, but even the most ardent George supporter couldn't claim that George Sampson was miles better than anyone else.:huh:

Wednesday Night Live: Britain's Got Talents's Sophie Mai Performs Live!

25th June 2008

Winter Garden and Leopold Square

Start Time: 6:00pm

End Time: 9:00pm

Sophie Mai, 20years of age, who narrowly missed out on making it into the final of Britain's Got Talent, left judge Simon Cowell hot under the collar with her sexy and alluring belly dancing routine in the Britain’s Got Talent competition.

Sophie, who is originally from Pitsmoor in Sheffield, will be performing three dance routines; Kiss Kiss, She Bangs and Temptation, which has been viewed by over seven million people on You Tube.

She will be performing live in the Winter Gardens at 6pm and then again in Leopold Square at 8pm to correspond with the Leopold’s first birthday.

She will also be giving spectators the opportunity to learn some belly dancing moves!

Sophie says: "It’s great to have the chance to perform in my hometown where I have grown up around the very things that inspired me to follow my dreams. I am really excited about taking part in Wednesday Night Live which is creating such a buzz in the city centre."

Every Wednesday from 4th June to 17th September, shops and attractions will be open late, bars and restaurants will be offering special deals, the Millennium Gallery and Winter Garden will be open until 9pm, there will be free car parking at John Lewis and Live music and street performances across Sheffield city centre! Come and see what Sheffield has to offer!

Myles & Connor from Connected (Britain's Got Talent) wil be performing at Freedom today.

Over 3 hours of real clubbing chaos for 13-17year olds

Free Santa Hats & Mistletoe Zones.

!!! ADVANCED TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!!

£5 standard // £7 VIP