Greystones sec mod school

I remember Judith Wragg and also Michael Smith I was Yellow Talbot I remember all the teachers too. Especially Miss (horrible Hopwood) she made me do all her mending jobs in needlework. I was in 4a with Marrion Mc Geekie, David Fieldsend. Graham Kelk and Judy Green to mention a few. Janet Wilson/

I was there 1953 to close (1956) when we were deported to Rowlinson.

Name Responsibility Nick-name Room

Mr Reeman Headmaster Ruff N/A

Mr Morgan Maths teacher Moggy G

Mr Christie Maths teacher ? G

Mr Godfrey French teacher Spike E

Mr Pemberton Maths teacher Prem, Spam ?

Mr Smith Science teacher ? I

Mr Johnson Science teacher Johnnie? I

Mr Belcher Woodwork teacher Gem J

Mr Gill Mechanics teacher Gillie I

Miss Cole Geography teacher Ada B

Miss Bayard French teacher ? F

Miss Hopwood Music teacher ? H

Miss (Mrs?) Marsden History teacher ? E

Miss Essenhigh English teacher ? A/K

Miss Baxter Domestic science teacher? ? N

Mrs (Miss) Wragg? English/French teacher ? C

Mrs/Miss ? Art/English teacher ? L

Don't recognise many names except Pat Turley (was she blonde?)

I am Jonathan Smith, still in touch with Dave Buffrey (he's my brother in law).

There were 4 Smiths. Michael, Rodney David and me.

There was Steve Bryant, Keith Timm, Richard Goodman (Spud), Judith Wragg, Carol Middleton, Andrea Nunwick, David Hill, Bob Alcock, Alex Biggin, Jon Beech.

House was Furnival - Green.

Yes She is blond still

Miss Byard RE

Miss Benson Art Barmy Benson

I attended Greystones Secondary Modern from 1956-1960. I think I remember

most of the teachers at that time!

Mr Newton wood/metal work

Miss Howson domestic science

Mr Renshaw science

Mr Morgan maths

Mrs Harrison geography

Mr Grenville history

Mr Turley, sport/art

Mr Watson craft

Mrs Macdonald sewing

Mrs Houghton sport (girls)

Mrs Marsden singing/poetry

Miss Hornsey english/french

Mr Aizlewood headmaster

Mrs Robinson school secretary

I can recall many of the pupils in my form, Elaine Gilling, Barbara Fletcher, Jeanette Linsay, Sylvia Bolton, the Gascoine twins, Christine Jackson Christine Monks, Elaine Gibbs, etc. Ask me what I was doing last Friday??? I can't remember!!!!!!!

geez i was there then too,

miss howson-cooking, she was an absolute nutcase.

mr.renshaw-tried to make me cut up frogs,caught in endcliffe at luch time.

marjorie harrison-great lady.

mts.macdonald- was so fed up of trying to teach me to sew, she had me bring knitting instead-that made sheffield school history i reckon :):)

Ken watson-was a good teacher,he sadly lost his daughter to a swimming accident (i think) when we were at st.m.

aizlewood, called all the boys laddie & girls lassie. i was so tempted to say lassie was a dog.

and mr.wragg i think was his name, made a mistake once & called me edna,

brian thompson never forgot that & used to call me that all the time-still does.

barbara fletcher was the sister of terry,lived on boston st.,??

Barbara Fletcher did live on Boston St! I had forgotten about Mr Wragg, pink face and white hair!! Have you seen the Greystones sec Modern book? it shows pictures of a group of us who went to Switzerland!! I used to baby sit for Roy and Jean Turley, read somwhere he had been awarded some Queens medal OBE or something for what I don't know. He was a real looker, and the girls fancied him like mad, we said he looked like Ty Hardin(Bronco Lane, not the footballer!) You have to be a certain age to remember him!!! Do you remember any of the names I posted?

don't remember any of those names, but i guess u were from either st.silas or pomona st. school.

My special mates were anne cawthorne,christine kent,joyce turton.Also kathleen brown.

I am in contact with anne,christie ,(joyce committed suicide many years ago)brian thompson,michael walsh.

I remember the name of Michael Wlash, was he very friendly with Mick Grimes?Think I was just in the first year they were in the fourth.

I remember the name of Michael Wlash, was he very friendly with Mick Grimes?Think I was just in the first year they were in the fourth.

Mich actually left st.m for a while, then came back.Mich is a big guy,he had dark hair & was rather quiet. He now lives near greystones school.

i know mick grimes was mates with david thompson(i think was his name,he lived opposite st.m. top gates).Anne cawthorne lived a few doors down next door to corner shop.

oops forgot turley was there when i was,but there were no trips overseas then.

So i would have been there in 1957/8 & left easter 1959.

I remember that because my 15 th. was on just a day or so b4 easter hols finished & i was allowed to leave then instead of waiting months like the others.

Ah those were the days!! I was 15 in the November and left at Christmas 1960! I hated school, but cried like a baby the day I left! No 'GCE's for me, still I've done alright for myself, now 63 am still working part time, until next year then I will retire.

so we were in the same year,

hmm wish my brain would remember.

hi

i went to greystones left xmas 58

i remember mr newton he had big hands but used size 10 or 12 slipper didnt half hurt