Greystones sec mod school

Mrs Harrison took over sewing class after Mrs McDonald retired

..................I stand corrected!! I left Christmas 1960!!!

You are right, but Mrs McDonald left at the end of my second year there and Mrs Marsden or maybe Mrs Harrison took over the sewing teacher duties (can't quite remember) but I do remember Miss Hornsy and Mr Morgan taught us french and I think Mr Watson and Mr Wragg taught us maths. Mrs Mansfield (she may have started after you left) was my geography teacher not Mrs Marsden.

I left easter 63 was in same year as Michael Bradshaw also Martin Aizlewood

You lucky people, not having to go through your whole time with 'Old Mac' as a teacher. She was the most hated teacher in the school by my year. She was originally at Pomona Street. We thought we might lose her when we all went to Greystones, but no such luck.

Oh! greystones, greystones. Iwas there from '49 to'53 in2b/3b/4c.

how I loved lunch time and home time. Dennis H.

i was at greystones around 48 to 52 ? was sports champion junior year mid year & senior year we won the sheffield schools relay cannot remember the year michael grundy

I was there in 1956-1958 before being moved onto st Silas.

Many fond memories!!!!

Roger Hatton

I spent a year at Greystones until we were shipped off to King Ecgberts.I remember Miss Hartley our home room teacher she only seemed a bit older than us. What was the French teacher called?I was in yellow Talbot House.Some of the people in my class were Gloria Kelk,Jeanette Kershaw,June Owen,Julie Owen,Richard Pratt and Jeremy Bagnall.I do have some photos.

I spent a year at Greystones until we were shipped off to King Ecgberts.I remember Miss Hartley our home room teacher she only seemed a bit older than us. What was the French teacher called?I was in yellow Talbot House.Some of the people in my class were Gloria Kelk,Jeanette Kershaw,June Owen,Julie Owen,Richard Pratt and Jeremy Bagnall.I do have some photos.

Hi Colonist

I believe the French teacher was a miss Hornsey ( very large chest ) as i remember often a talking point between the lads in the play ground if you read earlier posts you just might come across someone you know good luck JACK HEWITT:love: .

I have just noticed that a Jennifer Johnson was asking if any one remembered her at Greystones. I do—I was there 58-62 and remember going to a kid's party with her at Woodseats Working Men's Club, top of Woodseats Road. My name was Pauline Spittlehouse then.

has any one got a copy of the martlet with peggy barkers poem in please

Hi Jonjo2, I also left xmas 1958 and remember Mr Newton (a giant of a man) who once had the class I was in on detention for a whole week because someone wrongly measured and cut a piece of wood, and wouldn,t own up. At the end of the week the whole class got a taste of the slipper,and you,re right it did hurt