Greystones sec mod school

My name was Jennifer Johnson and it would be great if anyone can remember me, I went to Greystones in 1958.

I went to that school 1956-60 The head at that time was Mr Aizlewood, had a son called Martin, I remember all(?) of the teachers from that time!! Most of the pupils in my form, Barbara Fletcher, Christine Monks Christine Jackson, Pauline Thorpe Susan Croft, Hazel Chadwick (Miss Hornseys pet!!) Barry Barnes, Brian Boulby, Tina Cullen Dian Smith, Elaine Gibbs, the Gascoigne twins etc etc!!! often wonder how they' and the others have done. Like me they will be in thier 60's now!!!!

Hello Wendy. Not been on the Forum long and just seen your thread. I was at Greystones and left in 1959, so a bit before you. Carol Whiting was my cousin and she had a brother called David. Her dad, my uncle Bernard used to keep the Vine on Hodgson Street. My best mate at the time was Christine Marsh and she used to live opposite in the end house on Hodgson street. Long gone now, like a lot of the Sheffield I used to know and love.

Christine Marsh was in my class if memory serves me right. She went on the school trip to Switzerland. I also remember Kathleen Fowler

Hi Hetty. Must be another Christine Marsh. There is no way Christines mum would have been able to afford the trip to Switzerland. She was a single parent with six kids and to be kind, not very well off. Munch and me had some great times though. Las time I saw her was about 1975. I lived on Fentonville Street at the time and was working behind the bar in the Cross Guns.

Me again. Forgot to mention Kath Fowler was probably in your year if you left in 1960. I know she was a year younger than Chris and me. Do you remember a Joan Clark who used to go to Greystones and lived on Angus Square or Daniel Cocking who lived on Angus Terrace I think. They were both in my year.

I went to that school 1956-60 The head at that time was Mr Aizlewood, had a son called Martin, I remember all(?) of the teachers from that time!! Most of the pupils in my form, Barbara Fletcher, Christine Monks Christine Jackson, Pauline Thorpe Susan Croft, Hazel Chadwick (Miss Hornseys pet!!) Barry Barnes, Brian Boulby, Tina Cullen Dian Smith, Elaine Gibbs, the Gascoigne twins etc etc!!! often wonder how they' and the others have done. Like me they will be in thier 60's now!!!!

I left there in 1959, terry fletcher was in my group, would love it if brian boulby was on here as my grandmothers family are boulby/bowlby.

did anyone go to greystones school in ecclesall sheffield i was there for my last school year 1961/62 friends i remember are janice reed,janet golland,carol whiting,david pegg,albert price,ray price,walter lowe,to mention a few

Hi Wendy i also went to Greystones Sec Mod with our little yellow canary badge i have been trying to get in touch with Ray Price as he was one of my best mates at school plus afterwards work mate but lost contact quite a few years ago i'm in contact with Albert Price he now lives in the Mansfield area i live in the W/Midlands have done for about 5yrs now we both have been fighting the Big C but both seem to have got the best side of it now i also remember David Pegg , Kath Fowler did Kath live on Bishop st in the same yard as the Williamsons also remember Pam Clark, Jean Hancock,Eric & Paul Mangle dont know if you remember Pete & John (rip) Carnell i am also in contact with Pete other teachers i remember were like you said Mr Aizlewood headteacher Mr Newton Mr Turley sports Mrs Hornsby french would be nice to have some feed back regarding this thread.

Paul Mangle was in my class, think Kath Fowler was too. Miss Hornsey was the French teacher, do you remember the following;

Mrs Harrison

Mr Grenville

Mrs Marsden

Mr Morgan

Mr Wragg

Mr Watson

Mrs McDonald

Mr Renshaw

Miss Howson

Mr Newton

Mr Turley

Miss Hartley

Mrs Robinson (school sec)

I hated school, but cried like a baby the day I left!! Do you remember Mr Aizlewood always called out 'girlie/laddie stop running/walking /breathing' etc!!!!

hello i attended greystones from 1956 1960 im dave bolton i was very quite but remember a lot of the names mentioned i was in mrs harrisons class when i left she said i know who hasnt got a clue what job hes going to do. she wasd right my dad found me a job at autoways . it only lasted ayear luckilly for me there was plenty of jobs then. and ive allways had a job right up to retiring. do you remember douglas stevenson small lad but could he fight he was a good singer too. i used to knock about with brian fowden he allways got the good looking girls . do u remember joan titman i wont state the obvious nice reminitianing

Hi katedave. God, That's a blast from the past. What form were you in? I was also in Mrs Harrison's class but I don't remember your name. She made me sit right at the front of the class next to Francis Fairbrother, he was always playing pocket billiards. Dirty little tyke. I used to go out with Dougie Stevenson. He was mates with Derek Marriott. We used to knock about together. Do you remember Christine Marsh and Kath Fowler. Kath was a year younger than me. I remember Joan Titman, she certainly lived up to her name. She was head girl and she knocked about with Arlene Richardson if you remember. Once had a row with Mrs Harrison. Joan Titman (teachers pet), Arlene Richardson and me forgot our homework and she wanted to put me in detention but was only going to give the other two lines so I refused to do the detention unless they did it as well. Needless to say I got the lines instead. Did you go up from St.Silas? I went from Pomona Street. My name was Janet Whiting back then. I remember Brian Fowden's name. Nice to be in touch though. Thanks for the memories.