Banksy - scum or genius?

So Is Banksy Scum Or Genuis?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. So Is Banksy Scum Or Genuis?

• Scum
    • Genuis

Have you ever seen my work?if not i doubt you can comment on how artistic or skillfull it is.His work is in no way more advanced than mine,but for some reason you people think that,strange.

Your still missing my point ****!It is hypocritical to say its alright a banksy stencil being there and not just a tag.And noone can deny that.

Any of me or my friends could produce a stencil,probably one with more 'wit' or 'meaning' than any of banksys,we choose to not to because its the easy way out.

POW sell his work at £500.00 but all of it is sold out. I wish I could have purchased some of it as its worth thousands now. I think he is brilliant and I love the stencils he has done on the Wall separating Isreal and Palestine. He is very much a genius in my mind.

Your still missing my point ****!It is hypocritical to say its alright a banksy stencil being there and not just a tag.And noone can deny that.

How am I still missing your point? I've looked through the posts again just to make sure and I really can't see who you've got this from. Nobody here has suggested that it should be ok for Banksy to spray walls but not taggers. They may prefer to see amusing stencils, but just because it might look nice to some people doesn't make it any more legal.

Any of me or my friends could produce a stencil,probably one with more 'wit' or 'meaning' than any of banksys,we choose to not to because its the easy way out.

I'll look forward to your book then.

I could be a brilliant Prime Minister, I just choose not to be.

Being prime minister is a little different than cutting a bit of card..

Sorry to disappoint but there won't be a book.

People always go on about how they like banksy's work,even the illegal stuff,but you can't have double standards,you either like illegal graffiti or you don't,simple as.Cant condone one and slate another.

you either like illegal graffiti or you don't,simple as.Cant condone one and slate another.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what you're saying is if you like one form of illegal graffit, by default you have to like it all. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. That's the same as saying if you like one work of art, you must like ALL art.

Going on your own logic, shouldn't you like Banksy? Most of his work (like any other graffiti artist) is illegal. After all, you either like illegal graffiti or you don't, simple as.

you still dont get me..

you still dont get me..

Go on then explain the intricacies for me.

I've tried explaining it and you just don't seem to be able to comprehend what I'm on about.

I've tried explaining it and you just don't seem to be able to comprehend what I'm on about.

That's because your argument doesn't actually make sense.

How can it not?

How can it not?

Because you contradict yourself (Banksy's stencil graffiti is rubbish but if you like one bit of graffiti you have to like it all) and make flippant cop-out remarks (you just don't understand / I could do that but I don't want to) when someone challenges you.

How can it not?

Because you can't construct an argument, so it's not surprising really.

In fact, it's a foregone conclusion - even before you started posting.