Do you consider SF contacts to be your friends?

..Nuts in May :hihi:

Nah, then, Keith, the camping meet was nothing like that!

Apart from anything else, we ate nothing but fish and chips and you simply cannot chew them 64(?) times before you swallow :hihi:

There are folks who I know via the Forum that I've developed an 'off forum' relationship with - email, MSN, real life - and they're the ones I consider friends.

People I get on with on the Forum tend to be more acquaintances (no disrespect meant to anyone!!).

Then there are a few people I've encountered through the Forum who I regard as people to whom I wish no specific ill-will, but just regard them as people I engage with on occasion. :)

My long-standing r/l friends will know me as someone they rarely see from one month to the next unless we arrange something, but I tend to develop friendships where we don't need to meet or talk every day to maintain them.

Yeah I consider a couple of folk on here as friends off-line even though I don't see that much of them, there's also a couple of people on here I've known for years in an off-line capacity, I was Jibbs1977's room mate at College several years ago, and I was in the year above DaBouncer at School.

....and I was in the year above DaBouncer at School.

You should have eaten your greens then, because he turned out twice as big as you! :hihi:

Of all the people on SF Ive only met one of you, and that was back in the mid 80s, but yeah Id say that there are people on here Im proud to call friends.

There are the odd few on here I would consider "mates" some I have met some I haven't. I'd like to meet more of ya, but being rather erm, pregnant and somewhat reliant on crutches its a little hard

It's difficult. The definition of friend often implies that you must have real life contact but people on here cheer me up when I'm down, offer me advice, listen to my rants, forgive me after a barney with nary a care. Surely they can be called friends.

I would love to meet some of you, and you know who you, and when I can pluck up the courage for a meet hopefully I will, though it seems I'll aways have to adore the Jabster from afar.

I've made friends, one or two are now r/l friends ratgher than online aquaintances which is how I tend to regard people I don't know for real.

Having said that I suddenly met a whole host of forummers last night, who were all quite lovely and with r/l forummer/friends it was nice to meet them all.