Kickboxing Fight Night, Sunday 1st June 2008

Cool fights chefkicker hopefully work schedule will allow me to make it, will be interested to see the main event i saw shaun lomas fight medhi from wicker camp a couple of weeks ago ftr for ikf british title so it should be a good fight, is it full thai rules??

I know area titles arent but i saw an iska area title last year that was full thai rules

Cool fights chefkicker hopefully work schedule will allow me to make it, will be interested to see the main event i saw shaun lomas fight medhi from wicker camp a couple of weeks ago ftr for ikf british title so it should be a good fight, is it full thai rules??

I know area titles arent but i saw an iska area title last year that was full thai rules

Hi Bovy

Under the ISKA , there are 4 disciplines.

The main ones are:

FC = Full contact kickboxing , basically what used to be called Full Contact karate , the usual kicks above belt, long trousers used.

Low kick= What we used to call KICKBOXING rules , what i call proper kickboxing :P

Shorts are worn and kicks to the legs allowed.

Then there is :

Thaikickboxing = Basically the modified version of the thaiboxing rules. NO elbows at all and they break up the clinch is there is no activity (not to be confused with K-1 where the clinch is broken straight away)

Muay Thai= FULL rules + Elbows + Thai music + 1st round is always scored even + 2 minutes break between rounds.

Hope this answers your question mate.

Do you train at wicker camp?

Hi Bovy

Under the ISKA , there are 4 disciplines.

The main ones are:

FC = Full contact kickboxing , basically what used to be called Full Contact karate , the usual kicks above belt, long trousers used.

Low kick= What we used to call KICKBOXING rules , what i call proper kickboxing :P

Shorts are worn and kicks to the legs allowed.

Then there is :

Thaikickboxing = Basically the modified version of the thaiboxing rules. NO elbows at all and they break up the clinch is there is no activity (not to be confused with K-1 where the clinch is broken straight away)

Muay Thai= FULL rules + Elbows + Thai music + 1st round is always scored even + 2 minutes break between rounds.

Hope this answers your question mate.

Do you train at wicker camp?

Where does the oft-quoted 'Oriental Rules' come into it? Is that the modified Thaiboxing rules? What's the difference between Low Kick and Thaikickboxing? No knees in Low Kick?:confused:

Where does the oft-quoted 'Oriental Rules' come into it? Is that the modified Thaiboxing rules? What's the difference between Low Kick and Thaikickboxing? No knees in Low Kick?:confused:

Oriental rules is basically modified thaiboxing rules.

The oriental rules seems to have various interpretations these days.

Low kick allows kicks to the legs but no knees.

Ok chef sorry to ou for getting things mixed up and now we both know who i was on about i sincerely apologise mate.

To anyone reading this, my previous post's about Chefkicker's events are wrong and i was out of order to get things mixed up i am sorry to anyone i may have caused any problems with these post's.

I not been getting threats mate just messages about the octagon events!

Great title fights Chef & yet another decent card my friend! :thumbsup:

Not away this time so I'll definitely be there on the 1st. :D

Ok chef sorry to ou for getting things mixed up and now we both know who i was on about i sincerely apologise mate.

To anyone reading this, my previous post's about Chefkicker's events are wrong and i was out of order to get things mixed up i am sorry to anyone i may have caused any problems with these post's.

I not been getting threats mate just messages about the octagon events!

so you say you keep getting messages from the octagon promoter lmao

so if you take the sdf fights out what do you think of the fights at the last octagon show u were at?

did you think there anyone good apart from scot alex and shane?

so you say you keep getting messages from the octagon promoter lmao

so if you take the sdf fights out what do you think of the fights at the last octagon show u were at?

did you think there anyone good apart from scot alex and shane?

Aren't you forgetting the best fight of the night, Adam V Simon?

Aren't you forgetting the best fight of the night, Adam V Simon?

That was a cracking fight! Had me on the edge of my seat. At times I thought Simon was going to stop his younger opponent.

Another thing to consider is that was Simon Marsdens VERY FIRST full contact fight!

Im glad that he has left the light contact circuit behind as he was clearly overqualified to have been competing at that level.

The above sentiment had been echoed by many people. This first step he took was one he probably should have taken years ago and I think everyone is glad he did it.

If Simon had played by the rules however the decision may have gone his way. Not taking anything off my mate Adam Lawrence though ;)

That fight itself MADE the whole show . well that and Scot Syke's fight. The rest quite simply lacked excitement. Oh well you cant have everything.

No not really.

Only Shane Beard, Joe McGovan and Paul Cropper from SDF and also Yousif &Safa Ibrahim from AFK the twins from AFK and 3 or 4 other AFK fighters.

Nobody from Sheffield academy , marsdens ,... or any of those type of clubs will feature on this event.

:huh: discuss 'type of clubs' Unless I'm seriously mistaken I thought these 2 clubs provided the best fight? So why wouldn't you want their fighters on your card? Am I missing something?

I enjoyed watching Scott just a shame he got kicked in the bo**ox or it would have been better.

Cant remember the last guys who where on but to be honest i really enjoyed that.

The main problem's where lack of organisation, no atmosphere and total waste of time fights.

Hey Mr Ali,

Hope everything is going well over in England, I hear it is sunny over there too, I doubt it matches our current 38 degree's though ;)

Training over here is going really, really well, I love it... My kicks are coming along now and maybe now I'll be able to block one or two of Safa's leg kicks in a rematch, haha. Hopefully when I get back I can fight with my good friends Safa and Brent before if successful going for a title towards the end of next year? ;)

Perhaps getting ahead of myself, however we can all dream right? :P Feel free to drop me an email and let me know how everything is going on over there : [email protected]