Kickboxing Fight Night, Sunday 1st June 2008

Theres always one, deliberatly stirring things up on these kickboxing posts.

Theres always one, deliberatly stirring things up on these kickboxing posts.

Who's stirring what up? :confused::huh:

Sadly i had the misfortune to go to one of the previous events and it was absolute garbage!

I would not waste your time or money.

I have been to many of these type of meeting and trust me these guys are the most unorganised self gratisfying people you will ever come across.

The whole night was a Shambles from start to finish, i took family who where here from Australia and they could not find a good word to say about the whole night, to be honest i felt ashamed that they had paid money to watch it.

A guy involved in this was also involved in a fight night at the Octagon and that was the same including 14 fights which turned into 7 after the fighters did not turn up.

Oh and dont even attemp to support anyone else but these guys fighters or u will get stared out all night by steroid boys.

One plus is that there where some guys trying real hard to get things sorted and get people to enjoy there night but sadly they still keep the hangers on.

I really hope this goes well as Sheffield need's a decent event again.

I hope this time it all goes well but i for one would sooner stick a rusty nail in my privates.

I always enjoy watching Shane and i also known him for a while and he's pretty good but wont waste my money AGAIN!

Sadly i had the misfortune to go to one of the previous events and it was absolute garbage!

I would not waste your time or money.

I have been to many of these type of meeting and trust me these guys are the most unorganised self gratisfying people you will ever come across.

The whole night was about a bunch of guys saying look at me and showing off to friends.

A guy involved in this was also involved in a fight night at the Octagon and that was the same including 14 fights which turned into 7 after the fighters did not turn up.

Oh and dont even attemp to support anyone else but these guys fighters or u will get stared out all night by steroid boys.

One plus is that there where some guys trying real hard to get things sorted and get people to enjoy there night but sadly they still keep the hangers on.

I hope this time it all goes well but i for one would sooner stick a rusty nail in my privates.

Hi ManorBlade,

I am terribly shocked to read this statement of yours.

Exactly what do you mean by the "steroid boys" who were staring you out?

We dont have people on steroids at AFK.

With regard to " A guy involved in this was also involved in a fight night at the Octagon and that was the same including 14 fights which turned into 7 after the fighters did not turn up" :

1. We are NOTHING to do with the promoter at the Octagon

2. The fight at the octagon did have a lot of fights cancelled. At our show we had all 14 bouts running and all 14 were exciting. Ok granted the one at the start had to be a Demo bout due to weight difference but the rest were proper action packed fights.

There were even 5 or 6 KO's!

3. Who are these hanger ons you refer to? Which crowd were staring you out? I.E Who's supporters?

If you dont highlight the problem i cannot rectify the situation.

Regards

Farhad Ali

AFK Promotions

If i have 2 seperate meetings mixed up then i apologise but i find it hard for you to miss pumped up steroid boys giving people the eye, just watch at the next event and you will see for yourself.

The hangers on are also easy to see,the friends who are smoking at the fire exits and just hanging about at the fighters entrance, they also do what they like without being stopped by the staff while decent people who have paid there money get bad atitude when asking a simple question.

In my opinion if u are known by the organisers then go but if not? u will get rude remarks and total lack of interest from staff.

The staff where really poor and where to busy flirting with each other to be bothered about anything else.

I honestly hope this goes well for you mate as i have said before Sheffield needs it.

Who is Shane Beard fighting seen him fight a couple of times is a quality fighter will be good to see him fight hopefully i can get along to this one

ManorBlade I will answer your queries one by one :

I do expect a response from you by the way.

Q1. If i have 2 seperate meetings mixed up then i apologise but i find it hard for you to miss pumped up steroid boys giving people the eye, just watch at the next event and you will see for yourself.

A: I have no control over who the fighters sell tickets to. Thankfully the security staff , Brett Stocks and co from Knox Security will not tolerate them taking anything a step further. Besides , our own fighters even wont let some "plasticman" throw their weight around physically. So you have nothing to fear when it comes to your own safety ;)

Q2. The hangers on are also easy to see,the friends who are smoking at the fire exits and just hanging about at the fighters entrance, they also do what they like without being stopped by the staff while decent people who have paid there money get bad atitude when asking a simple question.

Noone smokes at our shows, it is a non-smoking area . We dont allow ANYONE to smoke in the building they have to go outside.

The people hanging around the fighters entrance: is it a tallish asian lad with spiky hair handing out flyers by any chance?

We have had numerous complaints from many of our loyal supporting clubs re: disrespectful comments made by the same group of individuals and we will adress the matter. There will be a meeting in place to decide what will be done about them. The decision made might make a rift in sheffields kickboxing community but we will make the decision for the greater good of the paying public.

Q3. In my opinion if u are known by the organisers then go but if not? u will get rude remarks and total lack of interest from staff.

The staff where really poor and where to busy flirting with each other to be bothered about anything else.

A: Which members of staff are you on about? Can you please specify?

What were they doing that was so "poor" and what "rude remarks" did they make? Please specify.

You have made statements that are potentially damaging to reputations and I am now asking you to back up those same statements.

I sincerely hope that this is not just hopeless "trolling" . I can just as easily bring up archives from this website and others that will totally contradict everything you have thus far detailed.

Q4: I honestly hope this goes well for you mate as i have said before Sheffield needs it

A: I hope so too and thank you for the well wishes but once again if what you have said are serious comments and you are NOT one of those trouble makers at the shows then I will take steps to prevent trouble makers from coming to the shows. Again PLEASE describe the trouble makers who are hanging about near the fighters entrance.

Regards

Farhad Ali

P.S If you wish to talk further then my mobile number is 07775 914155 text me your number and i will ring you back.

I will ring you most likely after the weekend and am willing to listen to what you have to say. You will not be shown any attitude or given any threats.

I know another promoter that if you give him any constructive criticism he will say " if you didnt agree with XYZ then dont come again"

AFK promotions are run by RESPECTABLE , APPROACHABLE and PROFESSIONAL people. We are not "wannabee gangsters" we do not threaten people with violence and we do not issue verbal abuse towards people who dont agree with us.

We at AFK await your response.

Chefkicker is Shane Beard still on it??

How much r tickets on the door??

which AFK fighters are on the bill? Is pete fighting?? Get clo_bo on the card missed her kicking ass at the last Octagon show :)

Get clo_bo on the card missed her kicking ass at the last Octagon show :)

Yeah I agree, that would be good Farhad! :thumbsup:

which AFK fighters are on the bill? Is pete fighting?? Get clo_bo on the card missed her kicking ass at the last Octagon show :)

Arent them twins fighting am i right? Clo_bo isnt she a light contact fighter? why wud we want lite contact on an afk show ???