Wedding venue and reception suggestions - post in here

Morning All,

We're currently in the rocess of selecting our venue for approx 70 day guests and probabaly a further 30 evening guests - max of a 100 people.

We really really like Rise Hall - the downsides being mainly the distance from home, and secondly the cost is slightly restrictive.

Second place we're currently considering is Whitely Hall - we've been for a quick look around but not a full tour yet. My only fear is the function suites wil be a bit modern for our tastes and not in keeping with the rest of the hotel? I guess we'll find out when we go for a proper look around.

Can anyone else suggest somewhere in a similar vein to Rise Hall without blowing the budget any further and it being based a little closer to Sheffield.

We love the idea of exclusive hire and the locations MUST have accomodation for a minimum of 40 guests.

Cheers

How about Losehill House Hotel in Hope?

There are some photos of the function rooms on Whitley Hall's website: http://www.whitleyhall.com/gallery

My sister is getting married there this weekend and in regards to pricing I have been informed that they charge £7.00 for a glass of wine :shocked:

She is having the smaller function room and as part of the package you have to pay for tea/coffee for your guests. So the package price wasn't actually the package price as your forced to have the drinks on top. So why not just include the drinks price in the package price? Went with her to see the place but I never saw the bigger room.

Got to see a small function room upstairs as my brother in law's girlfriend had an afternoon tea party there for her birthday one year.

I would say that the venue did look nice though. Nice gardens/surroundings. Although it is a little dark downstairs, but what can you expect from a place that's that old?

does anyone know if whirlowbrook hall has hotel room on site?

I'm having my wedding in Wortley Hall this summer. The rooms look amazing, and there are lovely big gardens and grounds all around.... a non commercial venue, would recommend!

After having our wedding there last Friday I can highly recommend the fox and goose inn, old Brampton in chesterfield.

The views are beautiful, the rooms are great and still have the old exposed beams etc. the staff were wonderful, very friendly and made our day flow without any hitch. Defiantly worth a look :-)

Cubley Hall - beautiful venue with a bandstand with stunning views...lots of character and can cater for a small or larger party.

We're getting married there very soon - small ceremony in one of the lovely rooms and evening reception in the Barn - which looks fab with all its lighting and decorations, google some pics to have a look

i had my reception at the Hillsborough Arena, lovely people and big size room which looked very posh all decorated. Would defiantly use for any future birthday parties or any family do's. The price was very fair too! Good size bar area and very friendly staff. Special end to an extra special day :)http://www.hillsborougharena.co.uk/

Hi

I am getting married 4th October this year, getting married at the registry office. I want a venue for the evening do.

My partner is from Sheffield but my family are all in west yorks, so need a venue easy to get to for my family. Can anyone recommend a venue near to motorway access that wont cost too much

Have you taken a look at The Chimney House?

Absolutely gorgeous venue, they host beautiful candlelit wedding celebrations!

hi i am wondering if anyone can help....

i am currently looking for a venue in sheffield or not to far at least. id like a manor or hall i think but somewhere that i can bring in my own caters and suppliers to make it my own. i really am not keen on standard of the shelf packages i just want to add my own flair... any ideas??

philadelpha club upperthorpe room is out of this world ideal for weddings and birthdays christening