Wedding venue and reception suggestions - post in here

Aw sorry Daisyboo. Was just about to recommend Hassop until I re read your post. My daughter and her fiancé have just booked their wedding reception there for 2014. We had suggested that they look around some more before booking but as soon as we saw Hassop I knew that was a hiding to nothing .Its beautiful ! They wanted an Italian sort of feel to the wedding as they got engaged in Rome and the ballroom buildings just have that vibe. Ooo all MOB excited !!Lol.

As has been mentioned Chartsworth is lovely and Whitley hall too has a vintage feel. Have you looked at the Maynard at Gridleford ?That is vintage and boutiquey . Hope you find your dream venue too x

did they have to have 90 people to the day part? also it says in the brochure that only 20 of the 90 will be seated??

did they have to have 90 people to the day part? also it says in the brochure that only 20 of the 90 will be seated??

They are getting married at the Church near our home DaisyBoo, so not using the civil ceremony room. There are approx 100 for the wedding reception and then another 50 to 60 or so for the evening. We didn't go into any of the civil ceremony details with it not applying to them , but I don't think we'd have fancied most of our guests standing for the whole ceremony TBH .

Edited by mrs grissom
Auto correct

They are getting married at the Church near our home DaisyBoo, so not using the civil ceremony room. There are approx 100 for the wedding reception and then another 50 to 60 or so for the evening. We didn't go into any of the civil ceremony details with it not applying to them , but I don't think we'd have fancied most of our guests standing for the whole ceremony TBH .

thanks, i have spoken to them and you do need a minimum of 90 for the sit down meal. which we cant afford and we dont have 90 people to invite to the day 'do' anyway.

i thought from other wedding you had x amount (50/60 in our case) for the ceremony and wedding meal. then more for the evening 'do'. it seems hassop dont work like that and you have to have a minimum of 90 for the sit down meal, which is such a shame as i really had my heart set on having it there.

i cant find anything that comes close in terms of the building/architecture, location aqnd rooms :(

Try the Portland and Chatsworth suites at Ringwood Hall Hotel.

thanks, i have spoken to them and you do need a minimum of 90 for the sit down meal. which we cant afford and we dont have 90 people to invite to the day 'do' anyway.

i thought from other wedding you had x amount (50/60 in our case) for the ceremony and wedding meal. then more for the evening 'do'. it seems hassop dont work like that and you have to have a minimum of 90 for the sit down meal, which is such a shame as i really had my heart set on having it there.

i cant find anything that comes close in terms of the building/architecture, location aqnd rooms :(

Hi what do people think about Wentworth castle gardens as a venue for a ceremony/ evening do? X

Hi I NEED URGENT HELP!!! i am also getting married next year end of march and i am strugling with finding a venue that allows self catering (outside caterer i should say) prefferably for 200 guess or a bit less. i do want somewhere nice not at all a fan of sports centers

Hi I NEED URGENT HELP!!! i am also getting married next year end of march and i am strugling with finding a venue that allows self catering (outside caterer i should say) prefferably for 200 guess or a bit less. i do want somewhere nice not at all a fan of sports centers

Try Whirlow Hall Farm. Think they can do that for you. Phone number on their web site - ask for Lisa.

Out of all the Venue I've photographed my favourites are:

Ringwood Hall,

Kenwood Hall,

Hazelwood Castle,

Whitley Hall,

Aston Hall,

All beautiful for photographs and Staff are lovely and helpful,

Best of luck with your planning,

Amie

thank you thats helpful hopefully i will find something soon

How much does it cost to get married at the town hall? And what is the latest time they do? Thanks:help:

From Council website:

"Cost of Getting Married

There are statutory fees for giving the notice of intention to marry of £35.00 for each of you and a single fee of £45.00 for a marriage in the Register Office.

The fees for marriage ceremonies at approved premises vary but are more expensive. Please contact the appropriate Register Office for details.

Certificates cost £4 each on the day of the marriage but copy certificates may be obtained at a later date for the standard fee of £10 each. Request copy certificates."

It says on the website latest time is 6 p.m. But when I got married I'm pretty sure they said that they would marry you at the latest 5 p.m. This is because the ceremony has to be done by 6 p.m. at the latest so they wouldn't want to start after 5 p.m. in case there was any sort of delay and it couldn't be finished in time. Although I got married in a hotel, so it might be different times if you get married at the registry office itself.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/register-office/getting-married.html#whereandwhen