Wedding venue and reception suggestions - post in here

I covered a wedding at East Lodge Country house in the peaks last summer that was amazing and I really recommend them. It was small and intimate as they book out the entire venue for each wedding (capacity circa 50), I think, and it was really enjoyable for the couple.

Edited by Love2print
tidying up

I definately recommend the Old Rectory at Handsworth, its next to a beautiful church and has lovely function rooms you can hire all the rooms in one and even get married there it is a beautiful place and the food is at a very high standard, very good indeed, it is a reasonable price and it also has complete packages you can get as well, well worth the money.

Claiireee Were getting Marred on the 14th July this year. We've only been engaged since new years day but the venue had a recent cancellation that slotted in with our need for a summer wedding so we just went for it.

My partner in a School teacher and as its half term now we're having a week of wedding planning. Which is why I've been pupping up on the forums of late with lots of questions.

How about you. When is the big day?

Ponds Forge Skyline Suite. Absolutely beautiful place, food and catering managers Sue and Mark. Get in touch with them. They will even give you a taster session of the food. When they finish decorating the venue for the reception it is so classy, beautiful and elegant. Had my daughters wedding reception there last September. Spot on. Give them a call at Ponds Forge. Sue is great, she will walk you through every eventuality.

Ooh all sounds good, my partner is a teacher too! You'll have to let me know how you get on with your planning :) We're not getting married until August next year. It's quite late in terms of school holidays, but we booked Woodlane in October last year, 2012 was full and ours was the only weekend left in the summer holidays 2013. It was crazy! Ive done quite a bit of planning so far, so send me a PM if theres anything I might be anle to help you with. Just seen your post on burgers, could you speak to a van that pops up around town or do you want something a big less greasy?

Wow it just goes to show how lucky myself and my partner were at getting hold of the venue at such short notice. I may well get in touch for a tip or two if we come a cropper in our planning. In return I'm happy to drop you any tips and thought that cross our minds after the event that may help in your preparation.

Burger wise yep a van from around town would be perfect. In fact the only two leads I have are from people tipping me off about bacon butty vans from outside of their work.

Have you considered hog roast instead of/as well as a burger van? Just a thought. Went to a wedding back in October with one and was great!

I agree with nickfinn that hog roasts are great at weddings, but if you want a burger van have a look at KK Catering . They have been used a lot at our venue and guests have always been very pleased with the service.

LOMAS HALL at stannington,church street, nice little old church around the corner too to get married in, Lomas hall is a big hall that you can decorate up, provide tables and seating, big grassy land outside for kids to play on and good free parking.

Bar licence comes from a local bar /landlord and you do all your own self catering. costs about 500-600 pounds for the day, They do half a day too... well it use to.

The stage you can have your own group on we had "http://www.rogerthebadger.com" dance band, brilliant, a good allrounder i would say and especially if you are on a budget.

Has anyone been to a ceremony/had theirs at Weston Park Bandstand?

So far this is mine & my partners favourite venue and we don't think we're going to find anything in Sheffield that tops it for us. I've seen some beautiful pictures from ceremonies there.