Wedding venue and reception suggestions - post in here

Beauchief Abbey is beautiful but very haunted, so I wouldn't recommend it for a wedding. I have taken friends there who seriously don't believe in ghosts, but they soon change their minds. The people who live on the lane leading up to it can be a bit "funny", parking cars so you can't get through, Then there are the peeping toms, doggers etc.

Just saw that Staindrop Lodge between Chapeltown and High Green have applied for a license to stage wedding ceremonies - or their sister hotel at Cubley, Pensitone is perhaps a bit grander. Give them a google !

Oh I really do want it at Beauchief Abbey and my fiance mows the laws there. Just not sure on cost etc so was gathering a few ideas. Also seems tricky from what I read on here.

Haunted would be brilliant though, I'm interested in all that stuff.

As for the Town Hall, I just don't want to do it in town

Edited by Zimily
spelling

I can highly recommend Whitley Hall in Grenoside. Married there 2 years ago and had the best day of my life.

http://www.yorkshire-wedding.com

Go on there, and its got a list of wedding fayres up-coming, ive been to 2 now, one at townhall which has totally put me off the place and another one at Hilton Hotel which has swayed me for a city wedding! Most places that are holding the fayres, you can be married there and you can request info via that website for the places. A few brochures ive got so far are, Rutland Hotel, Tapton hall, wentworth hall, Hilton Hotel, and today ive just got Staindrop Lodge brochure through :)

I didnt want a city wedding, I wanted a no expense spared, grand hall with beautiful gardens and a really country feel to it but im not 100% sure now :D Good luck!x

Waterton Park is my dream destination for a wedding, I just love the fact that you have the little bridge over the lake to get to the Georgian manor house, its so beautiful.

Hillsborough Golf Club, Worrall Road, Sheffield, S6 4BE, Tel:0114 2294103

hi, could anyone recommend any wedding hall venues IE disco evening party for a wedding after party with bar + buffet for around 40-60 guests, looking at paying around 1k but can be flexible

thanks in advance

try holiday inn at rotherham its at the end of the parkway we are having ours there in a few months think they got some good deals on at the moment.

Royal Victoria Holiday inn Sheffield is a really nice venue and they do weddings starting for £1k I think, Including the service. They have a beautiful ballroom but it's very expensive. We hired the room next to it which is also very nice, and it has a bar!! They will also supply the disco.

hi, could anyone recommend any wedding hall venues IE disco evening party for a wedding after party with bar + buffet for around 40-60 guests, looking at paying around 1k but can be flexible

thanks in advance

Netheredge Hotel. Its a free house , so not getting ripped off with drinks and he will close to the public if you ask :)

Myself and my fiance went to view Kenwood Hall hotel last year and received abysmal service; we had an 8pm appointment and when we arrived were told to wait in reception. At 8.20 we had not been seen and reception staff made very little effort to help us telling us they 'could not find' the wedding co-ordinator we had planned to meet. At 8.30 they informed us she was with another couple and running late; there was no apology, nor were we offered a drink whilst we waited. The wedding co-ordinator herself only needed to come over to us, explain she was with another couple, aplogise for running late and give us a drink of tea or coffee and we would have not minded as much. However as of 8.40pm we had still not been seen so we decided to leave, I informed them that I had no confidence that someone who could not honour an appointment could arrange my wedding sufficiently. When I got home I had a message on my answer phone saying 'it's such and such, i was delayed with another couple, if you want to rearrange a viewing then ring back'. Sadly it was too late, and we have since booked the lovely Whirlowbrook Hall where we received nothing but excellent customer service from Hannah and Emma. They are clearly dedicated and efficient and have been in touch with us whenever we have had questions despite our wedding not being until 2012. Thank god we had a lucky escape from Kenwood Hall hotel!