And the next shop to close in Hillsborough is?

I hope there's more interest than just me and thee Fox! Considering all the views that have been aired about the lack of shops, shops closing, and shops in general I expect to see lots of forummers there. ;)

I'm going to the meeting tonight about the co-op, anyone else going?

Unfortunately I can't make it as I've got a lot of work to do tonight, otherwise I would be coming.

I'm going to the meeting tonight about the co-op, anyone else going?

Nice to meet you Fairy :)

Think two more shops have closed in hillsborough. sad too see this

Any update yet for the C0-OP . i went to the co-op meeting and im sure Hillsboro forum.

was going to keep all informed????

Hi Barmy et al - noticed on a thread elsewhere on Forum that the "Harverstyme" shop - you know, the remedies, herbal etc etc shop up Hillsborough has closed this week. Very sad to note that one - is that 1 of the 2 that you mean?

Also, just wondered as well - the "store" that was the alternative "pawn brokers" near Drs surgery (tramways) has been shut down ages - for sale or let sign been up for months advising that they would be prepared to split the shop if necessary - what's going on with that?

Finally, noted tonight also when driving past from work - the shops on Hillsborough corner that have recently been re-developed with the flats above - by the old "Sheffield Star" shop are again boarded up with metal shutters and workers on these working (opposite bus stop to Stannington from Hillsborough, and opposite the bridge) What is going on here? Will they be shops to serve the S6 community in Hillsborough?

I persoanlly think that Hillsborough has the potential to be a vibrant suburb centre BUT that very little thought is being given to investment or enticement in to that community by the powers that be at whatever level! An example can be seen in my new thread about Proctor Place in Hillsborough (plug plug)!!

What say you all? :confused::(:(

I persoanlly think that Hillsborough has the potential to be a vibrant suburb centre BUT that very little thought is being given to investment or enticement in to that community by the powers that be at whatever level! An example can be seen in my new thread about Proctor Place in Hillsborough (plug plug)!!

What say you all? :confused::(:(

I fully agree with this statement.

Hillsborough did used to be a vibrant suburb (when GT news was in the precinct and there was qwik save).

Alately, shops are closing and there is nothing replacing them, there are still a lot of empty shops in Hillsborough that dont like they are going to be opening soon at all.

Any update yet for the C0-OP . i went to the co-op meeting and im sure Hillsboro forum.

was going to keep all informed????

The most recent news from the co-op is here

Option 2 worries me a bit - who do you think the local property developer might be?

Knowing Hillsborough's luck it'll be bloody Nico! :(

I'm not sure how you could get 4 units facing Middlewood Road, as most of the floor space is at the back. :confused: I still think it'd make a great indoor market kind of place.

that sweet shop has closed down in the precinct in hillsborough.

it is being taken over and will be occupied shortly :)