Wedding flowers

After some time thinking i have now decided that my bridesmaids will not be having flowers, i would like a small posie of flowers, the main colour being ivory with small black flowers and some pink headpins in as small detail would also like diamantes in them, would also need buttonholes something simple though. im looking to buy these in a month or so and have pretty much decided i want silk. would like real but doubt i can afford them! if you know of anyone who could help, send pictures of previous work and give a rough price that would be great

I had a meeting with my florist on Monday Flowersforlaura my wedding is Oct. She was really lovely.

I have decided on grand prix roses[ deep red] with 1 or 2 dark red lillies it is a small posy with the stems showing.

The same roses for the men with a modern twist,

a white/ivory orchid wrist corsage for my matron ,

ivory corsages for mums and sister,

avalanche [ivory]roses, ivy and berries arch garland [its in a country location]

short square glass vases with alternate avalanche and grand prix roses in.

I am having my cake topper from Poppylamb!!

I had a meeting with my florist on Monday Flowersforlaura my wedding is Oct. She was really lovely.

I have decided on grand prix roses[ deep red] with 1 or 2 dark red lillies it is a small posy with the stems showing.

The same roses for the men with a modern twist,

a white/ivory orchid wrist corsage for my matron ,

ivory corsages for mums and sister,

avalanche [ivory]roses, ivy and berries arch garland [its in a country location]

short square glass vases with alternate avalanche and grand prix roses in.

I am having my cake topper from Poppylamb!!

ooh which topper did you choose? <<nosy! I thought they were lovely!

The red rose one but with silver hearts and a silver wire circlet with roses to go around the other 3 tiers.

Sorry not got time to read through the 9 pages of posts already there.

Does anyone know of a good silk flower person in Sheffield. Preferibly over the Crookes side of town?

Any info helpful

Thanks.

I love the contemporary ones they look beautiful

Thanks :D. Wasn't sure if I'd gone a bit too funky with the contemporary one

but I can't resist those spikey crysanths.

I have seen a few posts on here where people have made their own bouquet using artificial flowers. can anyone tell me where you can buy them from?

i have seen some on the net but obviously i cannot see them before i buy which i think is quite important and i have heard about the flower markets but thought you had to have membership to shop there?!?

Or does anyone know if any florists work with artificial flowers? I am prepared to have a go myself but if someone will do the work for me i would consider it.

Hi there,

You don't need to be trade to buy from the market, although you wont get the trade price for your flowers. Check the opening and closing times on the councils markets website as they open and close very early.

I would be happy to do your wedding flowers for you, just click on the links below to view some of my work.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z167/gwilligwenbob/roseandcarnationhandtieds008.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z167/gwilligwenbob/roseandcarnationhandtieds001.jpg

PM me if you would lke a price list for hand tied or shower bouquets, buttonholes, corsages and cake decorations. :)

Hollyhocks at Woodseats always have some beautiful silk flower arrangements in the window. I'm pretty sure she does wedding flowers in silk as well as the most stunning things in real flowers.

I've only had real flowers and Christmas wreaths and arrangments from there and they have without exception been unique and stylish.

I find it strange when people come on here, ask a question and then can't be bothered to come back and acknowledge any responses. :cool: