Windows Vista, will my hardware work?

I'm looking to replace my windows xp laptop with a windows vista one, I'm just wondering if all my programs (corel draw included) and hardware (printer, vinyl plotter) will work with vista?

If someone knows if they will or not could you let me know.

Thanks

check the compatable list on microsoft.com if your stuffs more than a year old chances are no

check the compatable list on microsoft.com if your stuffs more than a year old chances are no

O RLY? If Vista only runs on hardware up to a year old and it was released in Jan 07, what was it running on between Jan 07 and April 07 (not to mention the 5+ years it was in development prior to Jan 07)? Thin air?

O RLY? If Vista only runs on hardware up to a year old and it was released in Jan 07, what was it running on between Jan 07 and April 07 (not to mention the 5+ years it was in development prior to Jan 07)? Thin air?

she was asking about software not hardware muppet :loopy:

I would have thought vinyl plotter would have been your biggest challenge.

We have a Roland cutter and drivers are only available via specific software packages, drivers do not seem to be available separately :( We are unlikely to buy a software upgrade at £650 just to be able to "upgrade" the machine which drives the cutter from XP to Vista.

You can download drivers for your printer & scanner with no problems if you go onto the relevant web pages for your printer and scanner.

she was asking about software not hardware muppet

Really?

hardware (printer, vinyl plotter)

Seems quite clear to me, "muppet".

If you don't *need* Vista, don't get it. Just buy a decent beefed up system and install XP.

You can download a Vista upgrade checker thing from MS that will check your system.

Thanks for all the info, think I'll have a look on the web for upgrades, I did want to buy a xp system but it's hard to get them, they're all vista.

Maybe I'll just have to put up with my old laptop for a bit longer.

Shop around. Many manufacturers are keeping XP going due to the huge backlash Microsoft and retailers are getting.

I'm just wondering if all my programs (corel draw included) Thanks

errr yeah seems so muppet