Lancaster Bomber, Derwent Dams.

I see it is bombing Barnsley on the 10thMay:P

£5 worth of damage, then? :hihi:

I saw the Lanc fy over Derwent back in the mid-80's at "stalling speed", incredible!

I went to Chatsworth, plenty of people but not overcrowded and they flew right over us.

I didn't realise there were going to be a couple of Harriers, they were here and gone before I could switch my camera back on!

---------- Post added 16-05-2013 at 14:46 ----------

On BBC2 tonight

19:00 The Dambusters: 70 Years on

23:20 Dam Busters: The Race to Smash the German Dams

Amazing time at Chatsowrth. Already sent a great pic into the Matlock Mercury who are putting on their web page right away .. they also want to interview my Mum as she used to work on Lancasters, Hurricanes in the war. PROUD ME!

---------- Post added 16-05-2013 at 15:42 ----------

Got to say though .. it said FREE PARKING for WW11 veterans .. and Chatsworth claimed to know nothing about it, so took out money and said, you can come back later after we've sorted this. I mean, who is going to go back for a piddly £3 .. but that's greeedy Chatsworth for you.

Just got back, lovely to watch and I couldn't believe how busy it was.

I got back not long ago, it was busy but I managed to bypass all the traffic on my bike, and found a spot with a great view of the dam when I arrived at 12.20pm.

Lovely day, the weather held out and it was well worth the 24 mile trip, although I might not be saying that tomorrow :hihi:

Spitfire flew over Beauchief Golf course, as I was playing the 15th! Lovely sound.

Anyone take any video footage for us to see?

Anyone take any video footage for us to see?

I have a video on my phone but I'm not sure how to upload it :help:

Edited by Isabelle

I went to Chatsworth, plenty of people but not overcrowded and they flew right over us.

I didn't realise there were going to be a couple of Harriers, they were here and gone before I could switch my camera back on!

---------- Post added 16-05-2013 at 14:46 ----------

On BBC2 tonight

19:00 The Dambusters: 70 Years on

23:20 Dam Busters: The Race to Smash the German Dams

There wasnt there was 2 Tornadoes and 2 Spitfires

There wasnt there was 2 Tornadoes and 2 Spitfires

I stand corrected - I think one of the Spitfires left early, there was only one following the Lancaster when it left.

I've got some video, I'll post some extracts when I get time.

Is it safe to come out now? :suspect:

My picnic nearly got landed on by a Hercules a couple of weeks ago whilst we were picnicking in Chatsworth ... suspect it was trying out the flight path for today's display. It couldn't have got much lower without the undercarriage being down! (fortunately, I'd just about eaten the last cheese roll)

Seriously, I'm a bit gutted I missed it ... watching it on TV's one thing but ... :(

I couldn't get either, but pointed my mate in the right direction and he said it was fabulous. No photos though, very disappointed in him!