Lancaster Bomber, Derwent Dams.

Looks like the top of Win Hill will be a good place to look at the Aircraft. Looks like it flies around that hill before coming back, thats looking at 1978's you tube video

Looks like the top of Win Hill will be a good place to look at the Aircraft. Looks like it flies around that hill before coming back, thats looking at 1978's you tube video

It could be a good spot, however I don't think it flew round Win Hill, but certainly passed it to the east. They swooped left over the Ashopton Viaduct, then disappeared towards Bamford Edge. Where they went after that I can't say, but it was quite a few minutes before they reappeared from the Bamford Edge direction. They were below the level of Win Hill.

THE BBMF still has no further detials about tomorrow's programme. Forecast isn't looking too good for the time of the display, but hopefully it will improve.

So when it passes Ladybower, will it then go towards Bamford and then come back round?

If thats the case, I'll be on Win Hill for a birds eye view. :)

So when it passes Ladybower, will it then go towards Bamford and then come back round?

If that's the case, I'll be on Win Hill for a birds eye view. :)

There are fairly frequent flights by fast jets and helicopters swooping low down the valley. I'd expect the BBMF to follow similar flight paths so there should be a good view of them over the water, then round towards Yorkshire Bridge.

Weather! It was dismal last time. Give us a break, please.

Weather! It was dismal last time. Give us a break, please.

Agreed.

Fingers crossed for a nice day

Whats best route for me coming from Barnsley? Is it 13.00 the flyover?

Whats best route for me coming from Barnsley? Is it 13.00 the flyover?

The flight is at 13:00. However, I would get there very early if I was you.

As for best route, google it. Probably best cutting past Stocksbridge and then over Bradfield and then down to the reservoir from there.

Edited by Agent Orange

Thursday 16 May - Lancaster

1155 - Depart Scampton

1230 - Flypast Cosford

1250 - Flypast Chapel en le Firth

1300 - Flypast Derwent Water

1320 - Flypast Chatsworth House

1345 - Flypast Eyebrook

1410 - Land CGY

Thursday 16 May - Spitfire x 2

1240 - Depart CGY

1300 - Flypast Derwent Water

1320 - Flypast Chatsworth House

1345 - Flypast Eyebrook

1400 - Land CGY x 1 Spitfire

1425 - Flypast West Malling

1445 - Land Southend

---------- Post added 15-05-2013 at 19:17 ----------

Hope this helps ... I am really looking forward to this. Taking my 87year old Mum who used to be a mechanic on Lancasters and Hurricanes ... had the joy of revving the engines (whilst still on the ground) to ensure they were ticking over nicely.

I will be proud to stand by her .. and I am sure I will shed a few tears. No video from me as all you will hear is my snotty crying, but hopefully at least one good pic.

I reckon Hollin Clough might be a good spot. Weather looks good. If the wind gets up above 15mph it's unlikely the Lanc will fly, I hear.

can anyone tell me if the road upto Howden will be open after this flyby of Derwent, ime thinking about 3pm, will it be opened back up by that time ?

Does anyone know how often they do these flypasts? Are they every 5 years? I'm absolutely gutted I can't make it tomorrow. Need to give a year's notice to book a lieu day in our office