Lancaster Bomber, Derwent Dams.

A sad downside to a wonderful occasion was seeing traffic wardens slapping tickets on vehicles for no other reason than parking on grass verges.

You can see the irony - we're all there to show our respects to those who fought for our freedom whilst uniformed personnel go round fining us for something quite trivial.

the traffic wardens were all over the place, would love to know how much money they made just on that one day.

A great day out and proud to be present and see an amazing flypast. Thanks to all concerned and for posting your photos and videos.

A sad downside to a wonderful occasion was seeing traffic wardens slapping tickets on vehicles for no other reason than parking on grass verges.

You can see the irony - we're all there to show our respects to those who fought for our freedom whilst uniformed personnel go round fining us for something quite trivial.

the traffic wardens were all over the place, would love to know how much money they made just on that one day.

Given the amount of cars being dumped left, right and centre, I am not surprised. I saw cars parked in the most stupid of places, which were causing issues for access etc.

If peope weren't so lazy and parked in the many sensible places a few miles away, there wouldn't have been any need.

Edited by Agent Orange

And a Tornado

TornadoTrail_IGP7770

Saw this, reminded me of this :D

good pictures, pooley91 and everybody

I have had the great pleasure of standing under the bomb doors at the Canadian Aviation Hertige museum!! You think it is huge in the sky, but seeing it on the ground is wonderful. I flies regularly in Canada over the summer months, when I saw it 10 years ago it cost £1,500 to take a flight. What found surreal was sanding in front of it looking at the lecturn with all the info on it, and I live 20 minutes away from where they did the training. I saw the one that only taxis at Coningsby many years ago at the time of the unrest in the Balkans, on a beautiful spring day. The first engine charged up followed by the rest, it taxied down the runway and back, the engines roared and then cut out. Funny how everyone old and young 'got something in their eye'!!!! The loudspeaker said' imagine that noise times 18' A most memeorable day, both here and Canada.

---------- Post added 17-05-2013 at 13:21 ----------

......................I can see the photgraphs, but only the sound on the videos, no film footage, mind you it too me back a while hearing the engines!!

Well I guess if so many people where not lazy and selfish by parking / dumping their vehicles in places they shouldn't be then not as much money would have been earned.

I saw the 65th anniversary fly past back in 2008 and the same problem occurred, people just dumping their vehicles anywhere they pleased.

Edited by DYKWIA

............................I can see the photgraphs, but only the sound on the videos, no film footage, mind you it too me back a while hearing the engines!!

Do you mean my videos?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rtbcomp/sets/72157633510776994/

I've just checked them and they work fine in Firefox, Avant and IE9 Browsers.

Some great pics on here :)

Edited by Agent Orange

My father was one of those people. Not in the RAF, the army in North Africa but that's beside the point.

Despite health and mobility problems, he would never have dreamed of dumping his vehicle inconsiderately, dangerously or illegally.

What he DIDN'T fight for was for people to do what the hell they liked and sod everyone else...

---------- Post added 17-05-2013 at 22:50 ----------

I just loved this facebook update from the wonderful people of Edale Mountain Rescue Team:

Along with our friends from Glossop MRT and Woodhead MRT team members provided safety cover for the Dambusters 70th anniversary celebrations in the Upper Derwent Valley. Whilst waiting for the crowds to disperse we assisted in the search for a gentleman who had gone missing whilst out with his wife. He had vanished at around eleven am in the morning whilst waiting for the fly past. Some four hours later concern was growing for his welfare so we initiated some searches in the woodland above Fairholmes. The gentleman turned up soon afterwards after taking himself off for a walk without letting his wife know. We beat a hasty retreat to let the wife express her concerns....

Someone is in trouble!....:hihi:

Given the amount of cars being dumped left, right and centre, I am not surprised. I saw cars parked in the most stupid of places, which were causing issues for access etc.

If peope weren't so lazy and parked in the many sensible places a few miles away, there wouldn't have been any need.

Having arrived later than planned we parked almost into Bamford! A farmer was charging folks £5 to park in a field just below the Yorkshire Bridge and plenty were driving in.

Service buses were passing almost empty as folks walked up the hill. Seems a bit of organisation by someone could have arranged a shuttle service up the valley from Bamford to Fairholmes, dropping off and picking up along the way. I suppose legislation would have made that too complicated, especially at short notice