Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

You're ignoring one fundamental point..the argument isn't HIS rights..it's about RIGHTS..your rights, rights which protect you. If we change those basic rights to fit individuals because we don't like those individuals, where would you like it to stop?..an individuals right to vote? to stand on a soap box? to worship?

If we start chopping rights up then we have no moral right to stand in front of other nations with a pointed finger who abuse their citizens rights as well as abusing our own nationals rights...yes some of us travel to these dodgy areas..as do some of our children.

Jihadists spend pennies on the fight against the West, the west spends Trillions..your trillions, my trillions and now you want then to hand over your rights..for one man? If you do that your handing over everything we stand for and everything they don't.

You're right..I like you, detest this excuse for a human, but I also detest many other individuals. Personally I hope Jordan comes around..that being the case and he gets put on a plane it may just send a message to any other hate freak wanted in their own country of origin that maybe the UK isn't the place to preach your hate.

All of which is why the best way to end this farce is for it to be arranged for him to disappear permanently, nice and quietly in the middle of the night. Im pretty sure the powers that be can easily arrange for Qutada to vanish never to be seen again. Problem solved without the need to listen to any more codswallop from the human rights nutters.

All of which is why the best way to end this farce is for it to be arranged for him to disappear permanently, nice and quietly in the middle of the night. Im pretty sure the powers that be can easily arrange for Qutada to vanish never to be seen again. Problem solved without the need to listen to any more codswallop from the human rights nutters.

Yes, much better to listen to the state-sanctioned murder in the middle of the night nutters.

What a wonderful world they would create.

Rubs eyes and reads again.....

Looks up to see who the architect of the post is from..

sigh!

Torture and other ill-treatment

Reports of torture and other ill-treatment of security detainees and criminal suspects continued. The authorities failed to institute adequate legal and other safeguards against such abuses.

In May, the UN Committee against Torture reiterated long-standing concerns at Jordan’s failure to investigate and prosecute allegations of torture, to provide adequate protection against torture, and to prosecute perpetrators in accordance with the seriousness of the crime. It noted the “numerous, consistent and credible allegations of a widespread and routine practice of torture and ill-treatment” including in General Intelligence Department (GID) and Criminal Investigations Department detention. The government did not respond to the Committee’s recommendations.

Charges against a police officer relating to an apparently unlawful killing were dropped when the victim’s family agreed not to pursue the case. Fakhri Anani Kreishan, who died in November 2009 after being attacked by police officers in Ma’an, was found at autopsy to have sustained a lethal head injury caused by a hard object. The police officer alleged to have delivered the blow remained on active duty.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/jordan/report-2011

The dirty foreign swines. How could we possibly hand over someone to their kind if a bunch of whiny lefties say that about them?

Dude, we nicked a country, forcibly depopulated it, men women and children, and now rent it out as a torture chamber and have people of interest sent there so the cia can have enhanced interrogation chats with them while asking questions we gave them. If you were Jordanian would you not find your chest puffed out Bwittish Justice TM stance just a little hipocritical?

Yes, much better to listen to the state-sanctioned murder in the middle of the night nutters.

What a wonderful world they would create.

No no no.....don't you understand the logic yet?..hasn't it sunk into that wish washy lefty liberal sandal wearing mung bean munching solar panel you have for a brain that state sanctioned murder is the way to fight religious sanctioned murder..and in the mean time all our right go down the sink?

You just aint wiv it man..you just aint.

Here..have a stick of celery.

Amnesty does - ''Amnesty International continues to be concerned about torture and ill-treatment in detention in Jordan, as well as the link between torture, unfair trials, and the death penalty. Amnesty International has particular concerns about the application of the death penalty in Jordan because there is a pattern of death sentences, and sometimes executions, occurring as a result of unfair trials where confessions extracted under torture are used as evidence against the defendants. There has also been a pattern of suppression of freedom of expression and association, especially in the wake of laws restricting freedom of the press and expression that were promulgated in the fall of 2001.''

I notice you havent answered my question yet..Quelle surprise

No it doesnt, you are very wrong,we want to send him back that is what all the hoo hah is about ,its the human rights numpties that wont let us

I think we've arrived at this stage in the proceedings:hihi:

quote / “Rights go wrong when there are no wrongs that rights can right

---------- Post added 02-05-2013 at 15:33 ----------

Amnesty does - ''Amnesty International continues to be concerned about torture and ill-treatment in detention in Jordan, as well as the link between torture, unfair trials, and the death penalty. Amnesty International has particular concerns about the application of the death penalty in Jordan because there is a pattern of death sentences, and sometimes executions, occurring as a result of unfair trials where confessions extracted under torture are used as evidence against the defendants. There has also been a pattern of suppression of freedom of expression and association, especially in the wake of laws restricting freedom of the press and expression that were promulgated in the fall of 2001.''

The moral bankruptcy of Amnesty became apparent when they suspended Gita Saghal for raising concerns about their support of Moazzam Begg and Cage Prisoners.remember that halibut?

. It epitomised all that is wrong with the west-hating Left. The profound inability to make meaningful distinctions, the deranged propensity to condone violent human rights abusers because 'we're just as bad', the wilful disregard for oppressed people in order to prosecute its anti-western agenda,

The singular failure of this section of the Left has been its aligning with the standard bearers of human rights abuse.

Edited by johncocker

That could be a quote from Qatada himself.

What a load of absolute rubbish. "We cant send him back because he might be tortured" is the common thought amongst some of the loonies who have posted on this thread. "And we cant be seen to condone this" another spineless fart said.

Put it like this. If a certain fanatical individual came along, and blew your family to bits because his training camp taught him this skill, would you say "Hey, his human rights are more important than my desire to rip his balls off"?? I know I wouldnt say that, as I was hacking at his nuts with a blunt rusty penknife, and if any of the loony die hard human rights brigade were put in the same situation, they would feel the same, and to deny that would be more hypocritical than standing up for this piece of dog crap in the first place.

Just because I want to see this vermin sent to Jordan, and any of his followers too, whether they are tortured or not, dosent make me ANYTHING like this animal, but it does say that I have a resentment far greater than what I care about his rights, based on the fact that he is a terrorist supporter who gains pleasure by inciting hatred and terrorism against innocent men, women and children who live their lives peacefully and lawfully. But to say that his deportation should be done "nicely and within the law" is proof of the spineless society we live in today. Theresa May is bending over backwards to bring this man to justice, and if the supreme court refuse her application to have him deported, which look like they will, she is ready to have the law changed to kick this crap out. Now THAT isnt a spineless or anti-human rights.....that is how it SHOULD be done.

What a load of absolute rubbish. "We cant send him back because he might be tortured" is the common thought amongst some of the loonies who have posted on this thread. "And we cant be seen to condone this" another spineless fart said.

Put it like this. If a certain fanatical individual came along, and blew your family to bits because his training camp taught him this skill, would you say "Hey, his human rights are more important than my desire to rip his balls off"?? I know I wouldnt say that, as I was hacking at his nuts with a blunt rusty penknife, and if any of the loony die hard human rights brigade were put in the same situation, they would feel the same, and to deny that would be more hypocritical than standing up for this piece of dog crap in the first place.

Just because I want to see this vermin sent to Jordan, and any of his followers too, whether they are tortured or not, dosent make me ANYTHING like this animal, but it does say that I have a resentment far greater than what I care about his rights, based on the fact that he is a terrorist supporter who gains pleasure by inciting hatred and terrorism against innocent men, women and children who live their lives peacefully and lawfully. But to say that his deportation should be done "nicely and within the law" is proof of the spineless society we live in today. Theresa May is bending over backwards to bring this man to justice, and if the supreme court refuse her application to have him deported, which look like they will, she is ready to have the law changed to kick this crap out. Now THAT isnt a spineless or anti-human rights.....that is how it SHOULD be done.

I disagree. I think it makes you very like Mr Qatada and his pals.

It says that you're prepared to cause terrible pain and suffering to others to satisfy your own needs and desires.

That's precisely what terrorists do.

PS - you say that to do things ''within the law'' is spineless. You really have a more in common with terrorists than you think. That's how they think.

You're too much testosterone and not enough talk - you want to solve complex problems with violence - another terrorist trait.

I disagree. I think it makes you very like Mr Qatada and his pals.

It says that you're prepared to cause terrible pain and suffering to others to satisfy your own needs and desires.

That's precisely what terrorists do.

PS - you say that to do things ''within the law'' is spineless. You really have a more in common with terrorists than you think. That's how they think.

You're too much testosterone and not enough talk - you want to solve complex problems with violence - another terrorist trait.

Halibutt, its clear you are a supporter of this man, but you are seriously out of touch with the way other people think. Do you think that supporting him will bring you more friends? Nope, it wont, and if you read my post you would have seen that my wanten acts of ball removal would come into play should he maim one of MY loved ones. Terrrorists maim and kill the innocent, for no other reason than for pleasure. For you to not comprehend this only shows that unlike me, you can only see one side of the arguement. Alternatively, it could just be the fact that you assumed the "spineless fart" jibe was aimed directly at you....well if the cap fits......

How do you account for the (relative) peace in Northern Ireland then?

I think you'll find that was achieved entirely through talks and debate.

If we were persuing your primitive (just like the Taliban and Al-Quaeda) ideology of a tooth for a tooth, we'd still be fighting and people would still be dying.

Thinking that Al-Qaeda can be compared to troubles in Northern Ireland demonstrates how little you understand.

Halibutt, its clear you are a supporter of this man, but you are seriously out of touch with the way other people think. Do you think that supporting him will bring you more friends? Nope, it wont, and if you read my post you would have seen that my wanten acts of ball removal would come into play should he maim one of MY loved ones. Terrrorists maim and kill the innocent, for no other reason than for pleasure. For you to not comprehend this only shows that unlike me, you can only see one side of the arguement. Alternatively, it could just be the fact that you assumed the "spineless fart" jibe was aimed directly at you....well if the cap fits......

of course he is a supporter just see all his other posts, in fact why doesnt he just come out and say that "qatada is really a very nice man but seriously misunderstood due to his religious beliefs, and we should be soooooo understanding and chant to him there there there sooothing voice!!:rolleyes: whilst mopping his terrorist brow:roll: