Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

A very, very silly post Halibutt. P999 has never stood on an tea-crate and condemned the west. He has never had links to terrorist training camps. This man is an absolute menace, and he should be shipped out, along with all his other fundamentalist cronies, and if he is tortured, then boo hoo for him. He makes a mockery of our country and yet it seems the courts wont allow him to go because he might be tortured or even worse. Even the Government want him out, knowing about the torture risk. Normal, sane human beings dont do what this animal did, and I for one couldnt give a toss what happens to him, as long as he is not here, brainwashing young men into hating the west as much as he does.

You should hang your head in shame for even thinking of defending him, just like the courts should.

Opposing state torture is not the same as defending Qatada.

Colluding with state torture is the same as colluding with terrorism.

All of the illegal acts that are being suggested as ways to rid ourselves of Qatada are straight out of the terrorist playbook. The hypocrisy is astounding.

The fact that he is here does not make a mockery of our country at all. It clearly states that we will not collude with state torture, nor will we resort to terrorist tactics to achieve our goals.

No. I don't doubt that Penistone has never stood on soap boxes and preached destruction. The point is however that if we have standards they have to apply to all.

You say 'sane humans don't do what this animal did' - without even knowing what this 'animal' did or was accused of doing - and at the same time you advocate torture yourself.

And take a reality check - I'm not defending Mr Qatada, I'm defending the notion of the rule of law and of people being dealt with fairly.

Just like Mr Qatada would deal with you fairly if you ever strayed into his clutches. ;)

Just like Mr Qatada would deal with you fairly if you ever strayed into his clutches. ;)

Exactly, his standards are low. We should be better.

No, but that's what makes most of us different from the likes of Mr Qatada.

All of the illegal acts that are being suggested as ways to rid ourselves of Qatada are straight out of the terrorist playbook. The hypocrisy is astounding.

The fact that he is here does not make a mockery of our country at all. It clearly states that we will not collude with state torture, nor will we resort to terrorist tactics to achieve our goals.

Oh, well that alright then. Let him stay here. He seems a decent bloke.

Is that the reaction you wanted?

Because I dont mean it.

Oh, well that alright then. Let him stay here. He seems a decent bloke.

Is that the reaction you wanted?

Because I dont mean it.

Why would I want you to lie? I had hoped you would engage in the debate. Isn't that the point of all of this?

Exactly, his standards are low. We should be better.

Has he been convicted of terrorism in this country ?

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 23:08 ----------

No, but that's what makes most of us different from the likes of Mr Qatada.

And what is Mr Qatada ?

Has he been convicted of terrorism in this country ?

No, that's why I edited the post.

Has he been convicted of possibly dealing unfairly with people as you suggested he may?

No. I don't doubt that Penistone has never stood on soap boxes and preached destruction. The point is however that if we have standards they have to apply to all.

You say 'sane humans don't do what this animal did' - without even knowing what this 'animal' did or was accused of doing - and at the same time you advocate torture yourself.

And take a reality check - I'm not defending Mr Qatada, I'm defending the notion of the rule of law and of people being dealt with fairly.

Preaching death to the west is pretty much in the public domain, which means I do know what this man has done. And if we all have standards, how come his are preaching death and condoning terrorism? Three more lads killed today by the people who believe in closet maiming. If you dont understand how evil this man is, I suggest you google him.

No it doesnt, you are very wrong,we want to send him back that is what all the hoo hah is about ,its the human rights numpties that wont let us

Why would I want you to lie? I had hoped you would engage in the debate. Isn't that the point of all of this?

Because talking and debating terrorism does not work. Yes, I advocate an eye for an eye with these fanatics, they are truly worse than dog crap.

And what is Mr Qatada ?

Presumably someone who thinks terror tactics are an acceptable way of behaving - which you, by your apparent willingness to condone torture appear to endorse.