Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

Who cares .

About the law? The courts. That's why he's still here.

Do keep up.

About the law? The courts. That's why he's still here.

Do keep up.

Do you think the british public care if he disappears tonight never to be seen again . ? Do you think the British public care if he had an "Accident" tonight and was never seen again ? As long as he vanishes who cares how it happens.

This country takes far too much notice of the Human rights commission ,and that is why this nutter is still darkening our shores.

Do you think the british public care if he disappears tonight never to be seen again . ? Do you think the British public care if he had an "Accident" tonight and was never seen again ?

I doubt they do.

Doesn't make that view correct though. It's not a good idea to have our state helping men "disappear".

Do you think the british public care if he disappears tonight never to be seen again . ? Do you think the British public care if he had an "Accident" tonight and was never seen again ? As long as he vanishes who cares how it happens.

This country takes far too much notice of the Human rights commission ,and that is why this nutter is still darkening our shores.

A lot of us don't want people to disappear during the night Desmundo, it's the sort of thing the Germans did seventy years ago and military dictatorships and various other evil regimes have done since. It's just not cricket and it's something we don't do me old flower.

I doubt they do.

Doesn't make that view correct though. It's not a good idea to have our state helping men "disappear".

In the case of Qutada i think an exception can be made for the good of the country . Thanks to the human rights nutters ,we cant get rid of him legally , so an "Accident" or him just disappearing in the middle of the night would do nicely ,and put an end to this farce.

Do you think the Yanks would be messing around like this if Qutada was in the states ? They would have booted him onto a plane the minute Jordan asked for him to be sent there.

No, thanks to Jordan and their use of torture we can't get rid of him legally.

Thats only because this country takes too much notice of the human rights act, and Qutada who by his own admission hates this country and the western way of life ,and encourages and plots with others to kill westerners . Now please excuse me when i say i couldnt care less if he was murdered by the state tonight was shipped off to Guantanimo or was Tortured by the Jordanians . This nutter abuses our hospitality , abuses our benefits system and takes us for a ride while all the time spouting his bile about how much he hates this country.

Thats only because this country takes too much notice of the human rights act, and Qutada who by his own admission hates this country and the western way of life ,and encourages and plots with others to kill westerners . Now please excuse me when i say i couldnt care less if he was murdered by the state tonight was shipped off to Guantanimo or was Tortured by the Jordanians . This nutter abuses our hospitality , abuses our benefits system and takes us for a ride while all the time spouting his bile about how much he hates this country.

I would be perfectly happy if he "fell down the stairs" tomorrow but it's not going to happen. The reason he is here in the first place is because those charged with protecting us made a Faustian bargain with him. As far as I'm aware he's never broken his end of the bargain.

Lessons have been learned and they'll not do that again in a hurry but Qatada is more than just a hate cleric, he's a product of a failed security strategy that cost thousands of lives of the years. That we can't get rid may be due to over zealous interpretations of human rights laws, that he was here in the first place was down to the Security Service.

I dont think its fair of you to bring Katie Price into this. Yes, her books and TV shows are a living nightmare, but its hardly torture. We dont have to watch or read them.

Would you mind if someone took you overseas without your permission, pulled your fingernails out and applied electric shocks to your genitals anus without any recourse to legal defence?

That Ok with you? Do away with the human rights act and that could be you next.

Would you mind if someone took you overseas without your permission, pulled your fingernails out and applied electric shocks to your genitals anus without any recourse to legal defence?

That Ok with you? Do away with the human rights act and that could be you next.

A very, very silly post Halibutt. P999 has never stood on an tea-crate and condemned the west. He has never had links to terrorist training camps. This man is an absolute menace, and he should be shipped out, along with all his other fundamentalist cronies, and if he is tortured, then boo hoo for him. He makes a mockery of our country and yet it seems the courts wont allow him to go because he might be tortured or even worse. Even the Government want him out, knowing about the torture risk. Normal, sane human beings dont do what this animal did, and I for one couldnt give a toss what happens to him, as long as he is not here, brainwashing young men into hating the west as much as he does.

You should hang your head in shame for even thinking of defending him, just like the courts should.

A very, very silly post Halibutt. P999 has never stood on an tea-crate and condemned the west. He has never had links to terrorist training camps. This man is an absolute menace, and he should be shipped out, along with all his other fundamentalist cronies, and if he is tortured, then boo hoo for him. He makes a mockery of our country and yet it seems the courts wont allow him to go because he might be tortured or even worse. Even the Government want him out, knowing about the torture risk. Normal, sane human beings dont do what this animal did, and I for one couldnt give a toss what happens to him, as long as he is not here, brainwashing young men into hating the west as much as he does.

You should hang your head in shame for even thinking of defending him, just like the courts should.

No. I don't doubt that Penistone has never stood on soap boxes and preached destruction. The point is however that if we have standards they have to apply to all.

You say 'sane humans don't do what this animal did' - without even knowing what this 'animal' did or was accused of doing - and at the same time you advocate torture yourself.

And take a reality check - I'm not defending Mr Qatada, I'm defending the notion of the rule of law and of people being dealt with fairly.