Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

He entered the UK in 1993. True.

His terrorist involvement was unknown at that point, the bombings he's wanted for were in 1998. Labour were in power from 1997.

His terrorist involvement was unknown at that point, the bombings he's wanted for were in 1998. Labour were in power from 1997.

His terrorist involvement was not questioned, the question asked was who let him into the country.?

and that question has already been answered, John Major

His terrorist involvement was not questioned, the question asked was who let him into the country.?

and that question has already been answered, John Major

Which I acknowledged with the '93 true bit.

So in just one year of the Labour administration he was transformed into a terrorist? That's a really desperate attempt to shift blame.

Anyway back to the reality of this. And that is the two main parties are each standing in big glass houses throwing stones at each other. They've both screwed up in spectacular fashion. There is no moral high ground for either.

The incompetent Tories mess up again, thjs time with the Abu Qatada fiasco, they just seem to lurch from one escapade to another....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/abu-qatada-deportation-muddle-theresa-800173

What else would you expect a NEW LIEbour rag to say, well done Miss May for getting closer to getting the filth that is Abu Qatada deported. NEW LIEbour had 9 years to get rid of the filth, don't seem to have made much of a job of it did they. Still it was Townie Bliar and his incompetants who opened our borders up to the dross of the world that permeate our society to-day.

Angel.

So in just one year of the Labour administration he was transformed into a terrorist? That's a really desperate attempt to shift blame.

Anyway back to the reality of this. And that is the two main parties are each standing in big glass houses throwing stones at each other. They've both screwed up in spectacular fashion. There is no moral high ground for either.

It wasn't an attempt to shift the blame, it was more of a reminder that the control of terrorist lunatics isn't a political issue. None of our parties are 'in bed' with people who want to murder us, and it's pretty lame/desperate/low overall to use this sort of thing for political gain.

The security services do what they can, and when they need government support I doubt very much that the senior civil servants or politicians who get involved will try any less to do the right thing in a case like this whichever party they're allied with.

Tony I really don't come here to trade insults, if you do that is your prerogative. You do however seem determined to avoid my question. So lets just remind ourselves of what you said:

John Major was responsible for bringing about peace in Northern Ireland, so you can put many hundreds of terrorists removed to his credit, and many hundreds of lives spared.

Now lets put the question in its simplest form. If a course of action by John Major led to the removal of terrorists and many hundreds of lives spared is it not de facto implied that if Major had not take the action you credit him with that those lives would not have been spared and those terrorists not removed?

Its not a question of responsibility it really is just a yes or no answer. If you can answer the question then do so. If not just have the good grace and dignity to admit you can't.

It wasn't an attempt to shift the blame, it was more of a reminder that the control of terrorist lunatics isn't a political issue. None of our parties are 'in bed' with people who want to murder us, and it's pretty lame/desperate/low overall to use this sort of thing for political gain.

The security services do what they can, and when they need government support I doubt very much that the senior civil servants or politicians who get involved will try any less to do the right thing in a case like this whichever party they're allied with.

It shouldn't be a political issue but it is made that way unfortunately. Like I said the reality is there is no moral high ground with this. Theresa May made a political point of saying she had ordered the arrest. Maybe she did. Maybe she didn't. Then Labour used the date bungle to wipe her face in it.

The sad thing is an idiot religious nutjob is getting acres of free publicity now, thanks to both parties continuing to make this a political issue. I agree it's despicable. Clear cut national security issues are one of the times the parties should work together and support each other.

A new HS on Monday I heard, I wonder what the odds are on the new candidates?

What else would you expect a NEW LIEbour rag to say, well done Miss May for getting closer to getting the filth that is Abu Qatada deported. NEW LIEbour had 9 years to get rid of the filth, don't seem to have made much of a job of it did they. Still it was Townie Bliar and his incompetants who opened our borders up to the dross of the world that permeate our society to-day.

Angel.

What were the tories thinking when he applied to asylum in the UK in 1993 and was granted leave in 1994? Need I go on?

Yes I am sorry I was being a little grumpy but I'm over it now :smile:
Goody good. :) I'm afraid that this nasty man is making a lot of people grumpy; I just can't wait until he's gone! Edited by Aleksandr

Now the mad butcher women has been sacked, I wonder who the next Home Secretary will be?