Summer Solstice Weekend 20/21/22 June

*********SEE POST NO`S 21 & 62, ALSO "CASTLETON WALK 21ST JUNE" THREAD*******

In a thread started last year an idea was bandied in the Walkers Group to try and arrange a meet, or should I say a walk, somewhere in Derbyshire for the summer solstice. Unfortunately, for a number of reasons, the main one being the mayhem that followed The Floods, it never got off the ground.

This year however, Neoteric and myself are planning to celebrate, if that’s the word, the Summer Solstice this year by arranging a walk in the early hours to see the sun rise, on a date as near as possible to the 21st.

What we are intending to do is meet at possibly either Edale, Hope or Castleton at 4.0 a.m. on the Sunday morning, and head for a nearby hill to get the best possible view. Before anybody picks me up on this, I know we’re going to be a day late, but to appeal to as many people as possible, who might not be able to get for the Friday night, then we’re going to pretend we’ve got the correct day, and that everybody else is wrong!

We are currently making enquiries to the local campsites in the area to find the best one for our needs, as our intention is to meet up during Saturday, perhaps do a walk in the afternoon, and then camp there, and possibly have a shandy or two during the evening to pass the time until the planned start of the walk. :)

By the sounds of it, there might not be much sleeping this night :o

As well as giving people plenty of warning by starting the thread this far in advance, we are also thinking about how much warning will be needed to get on a campsite too.

Anybody is welcome to come along to this meet, regulars, newbies or dare I say even just plain old campers, even though we don't really want to encourage these sorts :suspect: (only kidding guys), but everybody must be aware that they will have to make their own arrangements for getting there, and their own reservations if camping.

Anybody going to join Neo and me?

Weather permitting, I'd like to join you, please. :)

Weather permitting, I'd like to join you, please. :)

Omg, don't mention the weather! You know what happened last June, lets just keep our fingers crossed shall we!

Omg, don't mention the weather! You know what happened last June, lets just keep our fingers crossed shall we!

OK. Fingers crossed. :cool:

If I am around that weekend then I might be persuaded to dig out the old tent for the first time in 10 years

Well Mr Hemlock & I might be persuaded to come along - we may even have an odd tent to loan someone if they are keen, but no equipment.

We dont need a tent, we should be sleeping under the stars and eating beef jerkey :hihi:

We dont need a tent, we should be sleeping under the stars and eating beef jerkey :hihi:

Beef jerkey?!? I thought you were a veggie?:suspect:

What if it's p***ing it down?:loopy:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

So Billysmum, you're a definite are you :o

Not a weekend to be sat "looking fabulous" this y'know. No hair dryers, straighteners, curlers or whatever, and definitely no mirrors anywhere.

Be warned :suspect:

Shouldn't that be TVP jerkey for you :hihi: