The Fiesta Club Sheffield

It was a financial disaster, the Fiesta never made a profit. True it could get packed every now and then but most of the time the tickets had been given away.

As to bringing it back, it would be a brave man who put his money into such a venture in Sheffield.

It would be nice to seen a return of Variety and for a club such as the Fiesta - somewhere for the 'Older generation' to go.

The only problem I can see is what sort of acts would the owners be able to find......

most of the acts that use to be on at the Fiesta have passed on: Tommy Cooper. Eric + Ernie to name but two.

Don't want anymore venues in Sheffield turning into night clubs with thumping music !

I worked there for a few months in 1972. I was restaurant cashier with a very small bar to look after as well.

When the Spinners played there they would come to my bar for a drink. Before the club opened in the evening, almost every day The Carpenters 'Rainy days and Mondays' would blare out of the speakers.

I remember Martin St James, my bro in law was one of his 'victims' Also saw Tommy Cooper, Mike Naismith (ex Monkees) and many others I can't now recall.

I saw the New Seekers there, that is my only claim to showbiz!!:hihi::hihi:

Yes, I saw the New Seekers twice at the Fiesta, for my 11th and 12th Birthday present! A night out in the Big City - I lived in a village in Nottinghamshire, so this was quite special;-)

My first concert, and I got to meet them in their dressing room afterwards (along with everyone else) and got their autographs.

My musical tastes progressed through the years!

Who would like to see the Fiesta club return?? It would be nice to go to a club and watch top acts and have a meal /dance and a drink. Who can rember going to this club in its day?

Couldn't agree with you more! I used to work there and saw/met lots of great acts. Happy days!

Couldn't agree with you more! I used to work there and saw/met lots of great acts. Happy days!

When did you work there I worked there 1975 till it closed first time

Absolutely brilliant place,we had many nights at the fiesta and i remember going to see martin st james ,one of the first Hypnotist in those days,the Fiesta was in uproar at what he got the audience to do,Unforgetable.:clap::

I got hypnotised with that Martin St.James on stage at the Fiesta,doing a chicken laying a square egg,lifting an obese old bloke around the stage doing ballerina,going back to my seat then standing on the table shouting THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING ! feeling a proper prat when I had realised what I had done when the music stopped.Many more bits I endured in front of my mates but honestly can only recall sitting on the stage at the onset unable to undo my fingers that were intertwined together.Later people in the Sunset Disco thought I was part of the act but believe me I wasn't !!

I liked Martin st James he was on for two weeks different every night the way people reacted

Hi, I remember seing Count Basie & Stan Kenton there and the journey home after one of those performances was horrendous as it had snowed really heavy while we were in the Fiesta, my old boss tells a tale of him being a taxi driver and went to collect the then manager to take him home this fellow had Gene Pitney in tow and they all went to 'Greasy Vera's' for a greasy bacon sandwich before continuing on there journey, apparently Gene didn't know what to make of that but seemed to enjoy the experience.

In 1973/4 before we emigrated to Canada, me and hubby went to see The Four Tops at the Fiesta. They put on a fantastic performance, we were truly impressed, there was a very rude comedian on the same night. I'd never been to a place like that before, it was very classy sat there at a little table with a lamp on and all. :thumbsup:

When did you work there I worked there 1975 till it closed first time

Hiya

You came some time after me. I left 1971 (pregnant!)