Fine Fare Supermarket

My mum was the first in the one on Heeley Bottom. She was given scissors to cut the ribbon, and Sammy Brook Bond the chimp was there, my mum let an almighty scream out and ran scaring the poor beast half to death, Imagine trying to bring a chimp amongst the public now

Out of intrest i wonder what year that was? There was a big clothes shop called fine ware further up towards queens road was this part of the fine fare group? This was later an Howells solicitors but im not sure if its still there.

Made famous by Peter Gabriel on the "Selling England" album

"Easy, love, there's the Safe Way Home."

- and, thankful for her Fine Fair discount, Tess Co-operates

The was a Fine Fayre on Crookes too, in the late 70's to early 80's.

Edited by sheffandy

Gosh yes I remember the Fine Fare and was there a Carlines across the road, I remember my mum being scared to put things in the basket without paying for them, fist supermarket she had known, bless her wish she was alive to see the Asda at Handsworth.

Coral water, are you still about? I may have some information

Edited by nafjm

Anyone remember the old Fine Fare Supermarket in Attercliffe around Mis 60'S?

Some of the staff who worked there will be intheir 70's or older now such as

Pat Scothern / Rita / Lynn / Susan and Mrs Mills, Pats daughter will be in her lates 40's callled Anita

i worked at fine fare on attercliffe aeound1970 1ish am i the anita you mean i worked on produce with jessie wells

i worked at fine fare on attercliffe aeound1970 1ish am i the anita you mean i worked on produce with jessie wells

Hi soul sista,

Edited by nafjm

Hi soul sista, was your mum Pat Scothern?

no i worked with rita' lynda jessie flo kev sharman was assistant manager and mr took was manager think his name was roger had a lot of sleep since then

Ah ok soul sista... ta for coming back quickly - I am trying to...

Edited by nafjm

Just found this site which has brought back many memories. I started at Firth Park in 1968, eventually working in most of the Sheffield stores, Stavely, Rotherham and finally finishing at Wombwell in 1973. I remember particularly Bill Faloona and his "office"-The Homestead pub just down rhe road. Also remember Roger Coker,a real gent.

Andy,

I remember Bill Folluna very well and for about six months in 1970 I managed the Stag Rondabout store prior to emigrating to Australia. I also worked at Fine Fares in Woodseats, Crookes, Attercliffe, Parsons Cross and Firth Park (With both Roger Coker and Rod Taylor.

Hi Andy Miller, I remember you from Firth Park. I'm sure you lived in Wath as I seem to remember coming to your house once, maybe giving you a lift home.....cant quite remember...been a long time. I have a feeling you lived around HERE