Unbreakable Sports Records

Another record that might never get beaten is Muralitharan's tally of Test wickets - which will be at least 900 and maybe over 1,000 by the time his Test career ends.

Batters are generally considered to be in the ascendancy in the modern game so I think this will turn it out to be true.

I don't thnk Jonathon Edwards' 18.29m triple jump record will go for many years, the best in 2007 was 17.90m

There are three that stands out to me.

1. Wilt Chamberlain's 100 pts. in a single game.

2. Muhammad Ali's three - time heavyweight championship, and lastly

3. Bobby Fischer's 6- 0 shutouts of both Bent Larsen and Mark Taimanov in 1971 chess candidates matches where he disposed both players in only 6 games apiece.

Dixie Dean, 60 league goals in a season for Everton. Cant see this one being broken.

Just wait while Darren Bent gets going this season:D

2. Muhammad Ali's three - time heavyweight championship

Holyfield won the heavyweight championship four times - admittedly in various different guises, since it's almost impossible now for anyone to be the unanimous heavyweight champ.

And (3) chess is not a sport. It's a mental activity, not a physical one.

1. Wilt Chamberlain's 100 pts. in a single game.

2. Muhammad Ali's three - time heavyweight championship, and lastly

3. Bobby Fischer's 6- 0 shutouts of both Bent Larsen and Mark Taimanov in 1971 chess candidates matches where he disposed both players in only 6 games apiece.

Evander Holyfield has broken that record by becoming the only heavyweight boxer in history to win the heavyweight title 4 times.

Missed your post Heyesey, apologies.

Winning the title multiple times is a rather strange record to evaulate, because although a worthy achievement, it also means you have to lose your title three times in order to win it four times!

If a great heavyweight champion never loses his title then he'll never beat Evander Holyfield's record.;)

I wonder if Derby County's record low of 11 points in the Premiership will ever be broken.

Valentino Rossi has some awesome records. The only man to have won world titles on 125cc, 250cc 500cc, 990cc and 800cc bikes. holds the all time record for 70 premier class wins. most podiums in premier class with 112, most podiums in a season with 16 podiums in 2003 and 2005. most fastest laps in a season with 12 in 2003. It's worth noting he's never been beaten on a 4 stroke bike at Mugello

As for every other record he's second or joint first and still going strong!