60 today - a milestone or a gravestone?

get on with life, there are plenty in graveyard who i bet wish they could come back 60 is young in today so enjoy it :thumbsup::partyhat:

Hi raymondo1952 - Yep, that's just what I'm going to do, get on with life! I'm fortunate in being a healthy old codger with a wonderful wife, a nice bungalow, an adequate income etc, so Marion and I will continue to enjoy retirement. As you say there are plenty of people in the graveyard who would like to be in my shoes. In fact, despite being "retired" I've never been busier, what with writing books and articles (on rather abstruse, eccentric subjects like this one), gardening, grandchildren, travelling (Devon last week, Ireland in July and South Africa next year) and 99 other things. I'm certainly "living like I mean it"..:)

60 is the new 40...at least that's what I told the traffic copper who pulled me for speeding!

Looking back to 2013.....

Happy belated 65th hillsbro! I'm a couple of years ahead of you (my 67th next month) and I enjoy being in my 60s. ... I expect to see you resurrecting this on your 70th.
You were quite right, Ms Macbeth – another five years have passed and here I am again at 70. . SEVENTY.─.my goodness! Do I feel any older? No. Dafter? Probably. More eccentric? Yes, definitely. But what the hell - I'm 70 so I suppose I have an excuse! :P.

Looking back to 2013.....You were quite right, Ms Macbeth – another five years have passed and here I am again at 70. . SEVENTY.─.my goodness! Do I feel any older? No. Dafter? Probably. More eccentric? Yes, definitely. But what the hell - I'm 70 so I suppose I have an excuse! :P.

Congratulations MR. H. You and marion have a great day, enjoy yourselves.

Thanks very much, Padders. We're going to Lincoln (using our bus passes...) and will have a nice lunch in one our of our favourite restaurants. :)

Happy birthday Hillsbro 60yrs old your still a spring chicken yet,your life seems full to me enjoy it look forward not back!.I reached 75 this February anyone who knows me will tell that wasn,t expected the way I used to carry on,I take every day as a bonus remember your a long time dead!.I have just received my free tv licence about time too,the only time I get a tad down is when I count up my old good friends who have passed on,I,m not as fit as I was at 50 but you know what Clint Eastwood said"Every man should know his limitations!".My main aim is to live to be a hundred to get back what I paid in to the system!,happy birthday Hillsbro!.

Happy 70th birthday, Philip - enjoy your day out in Lincoln.

Happy 70th birthday, Philip :thumbsup:

Happy birthday Hillsbro, the most helpful person on the forum.

Happy birthday Hillsbro, the most helpful person on the forum.

Couldnt agree more :) Happy 70th Hillsbro.

Happy birthday Hillsbro 60yrs old your still a spring chicken yet,your life seems full to me enjoy it look forward not back!.I reached 75 this February anyone who knows me will tell that wasn,t expected the way I used to carry on,I take every day as a bonus remember your a long time dead!.I have just received my free tv licence about time too,the only time I get a tad down is when I count up my old good friends who have passed on,I,m not as fit as I was at 50 but you know what Clint Eastwood said"Every man should know his limitations!".My main aim is to live to be a hundred to get back what I paid in to the system!,happy birthday Hillsbro!.

He's 70 today..the original post was 10 years ago :D