Are there any 1980's breakdancers here?

Yes I remember Scratch Mix! They did exsist! Greg Edwards was in this crew if I remember correctly! Think they night have been on the 'Calendar' t.v.footage? :-) think they were one of the younger crews around at this time.

ooh, really! so they DO exist! thanks for that :)

were they any good? his name is Mark btw.

And, joining the clamoring masses on here, I would so love to see your video!! :D

is there really no way? filming the tv screen with digital cam maybe? his 38th birthday's coming up and it would be such a perfect present...

in any case, now i know they really did exist I will scour the internet!

thanks! :partyhat:

if its on vhs you can record to dvd recorder, then rip to the puter with something like dvd decrypter

then upload to say youtube, googlevideo

or rapidshare, divshare, megaupload or similer

or even torrent it on a site such as piratebay

blimey this as brought back good times i was a reguler at the limit and roxys on the stairs, used to come out of the limit almost deaf, smac 19 were great but there was also smac 19 juniors who were brill also remember scratch mix being good especially a blond curly haired lad

Blast from the past! I remember scratch mix and the was scratch attack too. One guy had the fastest turtle in town! They were some of the young ones back in the day. Think they were both on calander outside the old roxy club. I remember the limit on west street too.

smac19, steel city breakers and full force crew were older guys, remember yellow man the bendy popper and spanner who was wicked at locking. :D

Blast from the past! I remember scratch mix and the was scratch attack too. One guy had the fastest turtle in town! They were some of the young ones back in the day. Think they were both on calander outside the old roxy club. I remember the limit on west street too.

smac19, steel city breakers and full force crew were older guys, remember yellow man the bendy popper and spanner who was wicked at locking. :D

omg sure is a blast from the past!! ive known MCnige for years and hes currently doing a live radio station along with some of the old crew one being yellow man i also work with another old skool breaker called hutchie (steve hutchinson) and MCnige and yellow man sometimes bust a move (yep they still got it ) lol

apparently scratch mix and scratch attack were one and the same...my boyfriend says they weren't always decided on their name.

and i remember having a conversation with him about this guy with the fastest turtle!!.. which prompted some hilarious breakdance moves :hihi:

i wish someone had photos or something!

apparently scratch mix and scratch attack were one and the same...my boyfriend says they weren't always decided on their name.

and i remember having a conversation with him about this guy with the fastest turtle!!.. which prompted some hilarious breakdance moves :hihi:

i wish someone had photos or something!

hi iv just googled scratch dance crew an there is loads of info

hi iv just googled scratch dance crew an there is loads of info

really? i can't find anything... :confused:

it all seems pretty contemporary to me

i googled 80s breakdance crew scratch mix

i googled 80s breakdance crew scratch mix

:( I must be blind, can't find anything relevant, besides this forum :(

Did anyone used to do breakdancing/bodypopping in the 80's when, in my opinion, it was at its best?

The Limit nightclub on a Saturday morning used to hold a breakdancing club, did anyone used to go, or have any other great memories of the time/music etc? :love:

hi do you know that the furious 5 and kurtis blow are at the plug this thursday

eyup, used to breakdane in 80's, in 42nd street crew from Barnsley, sharif and asif, slacky, ......

Hey I was 42nd Street crew too - upstairs in the Market on the lino! And Rebeccas and also a few 'battles' against the team from Dimensions? I think

Aww what memories.....