Are there any 1980's breakdancers here?

tony faulkner and shaun broadhirst were members of unique all stars from barnsley,although i dont think shauny b did much breaking,i remember bo,

he taught me and my brother a couple of poppin moves in upstairs in barnsley market in 86 lol..if i remember,brian was good at headspins..

i did some breaking at sheffields tuesday club in 2003 ,that was a good laugh,

doing power windmills and stuff, got a little crowd going...

I was in unique allstars in 85 n' 86, we used to practise upstairs in the old Barnsley Boys club in the gym, Tony,Pete,Stew,Jase, me and Seany and his mate Roger used to come along although Seany & Rog didn't do any dancing they were more into DJ'ing and Grafitti, remember a kid from Royston called Lloyd i think as well, i did a bit of breaking but me and Jase used to do loads of popping routine's - Boo used to knock about with us in the market but wasn't officially in the crew, we did a load of demo's around youth clubs in Barnsley and used to go to the Limit in Sheff on saturday afternoons and battled a few times in there - in the market it was all a bit of soft as there weren't really no-one to take us on properly we reckoned by 85/6 we were the best crew in Barnsley

remember outside roxys on saturdays

still got some old electros albums

i used to go to the limit on saturday smac 19 were the best beat street the best film and i use to by electro tapes for my ghetto blaster great days

anyone recall our national and international break champion, paul hubby, and our oxford crew? he and they cleaned up everywhere, including in ny. paul and i were like brothers and together we introduced many new moves still in use today. paul, the crew and everyone else who saw me or danced with me made certain that my own reputation was spread far and wide, and i had many dancers coming to oxford from all over the country and all around the world to instigate dance offs.. only instead of dancing against me, within minutes these guys were dancing with me. i was later recognised by our fellow competitors and the worldwide governing body of break and granted lifetime de facto world champion status because no-one would go up against me in competition. black or white. paul used to say that i was his king, i used to say he was my brother and champion.. so whats this got to do with sheffield? well i will tell you: my mother was a sheffield girl, so sheffield can stand proud. you are in my dna. i for one am quite proud of that fact.

Anybody still active on this post?? 

My dads called Paul Platton was big in the breakdancing scene within certain crews in sheffield he knew Hutchie spanner ect he was the first person to do the 19 90 move in hideaways which was in hyde Park flats he says lol. 

He joined jr smac 19 with Michael naylor 

There was one of the naylors who was called dj mongoose? He danced for smac 19 in Nottingham against rock steady crew from America 

Got a few pictures hes got will not let me upload on to the post. 

Edited by Lee Platton