Are there any 1980's breakdancers here?

a very good friend and work mate of mine was in street crew,his name is dez but i belive he was known as yella back in the day.

In The House

Ooooh now which one of Street Crew could you be?! lol

eyup, used to breakdane in 80's, in 42nd street crew from Barnsley, sharif and asif, slacky, me, couple of others did a thing wiv smac19, we came to sheffield few times, they came to a school near us in Barnsley, made maes with junior and a guy i think they called budgie or parrot, can't remember his name now.

there was another crew rom Barnsley who were good, can't remember names but they used to wear blue/grey nike windjammers.....ahhh no matter.

Years later ended up workin with juniors sister in theatre andwe met up again at after show party.

we used to have black track bottoms and red/black adidas windjammers, total cool, lol, plus compulsory lino and ghetto.

we used to do our thing at Rebeccas club in Barnsley and couple times at Rooftop gardens in wakefield.

we used to cruise wiv a guy called johnny playing electro full blast. Newcleus was one of our favs.Beatstreet was great film, rock steadys were gods, lol

still got the original vinyl of newcleus somewhere.

all you old breakers, watch "stomp the yard" made me think back to my breaking days.

u are joking i was in 42nd street crew we used to meet at sharifs and asifs house then go up to kexborough school to practice the other crew who wore blue i cant remember there name but tony shauny and others wre in they had a mega popper called bo i used to go upstairs in market with em my nick name was powersy whats you name remember in our crew there was also ramo my mate has a video of us practising

eyup, i must remember you, but cant put face to name, there used to be me (keith or Rami) sharif, asif, daniel, slacky, ben, i used to be in same class as sharif n slacky, i used to live opposite high school, up road from shaz's house.

was that film at high school or at sharifs?

i used to be in 9th dimension crew wiv carl shaw, remember them, his dad owned dimensions hair studio. We used to go down to ron n shirleys at ardsley to use their upstairs.lol

Johnny walker was the bloke with the volvo, he lived up towards california at staincross, remember him?

my dad still lives up there but i live in sheffield, seeing sharif in couple weeks.

random, u on facebook?send private mssg if u are.

Keef

Check out the vid STREET CREW JUST 4 FUN in the group URBANBEATZ RADIO SHOW on Facebook & have a laugh...We just can't leave it alone lol.

Edited by Street Crew

u are joking i was in 42nd street crew we used to meet at sharifs and asifs house then go up to kexborough school to practice the other crew who wore blue i cant remember there name but tony shauny and others wre in they had a mega popper called bo i used to go upstairs in market with em my nick name was powersy whats you name remember in our crew there was also ramo my mate has a video of us practising

tony faulkner and shaun broadhirst were members of unique all stars from barnsley,although i dont think shauny b did much breaking,i remember bo,

he taught me and my brother a couple of poppin moves in upstairs in barnsley market in 86 lol..if i remember,brian was good at headspins..

i did some breaking at sheffields tuesday club in 2003 ,that was a good laugh,

doing power windmills and stuff, got a little crowd going...

Yeah Smac 19 were the best if I'm honest, but seen as I went out with a member of 'Street Crew' for a while, I'm a bit bias to them! I have a video of them all (that I recorded off the telly in '85! LOL) when they held the Calendar break dancing comp at Nelson Mandela building in Pond Street. There's just about every Sheff breakdancer on there either in a crew competing or in the crowd! I went through a phase a few months ago, playing it to see who I could spot from back then! My lad is into street dancing and I got the video out to show him that us 'oldies' have been there and done that one! And he was well impressed LOL! Those were the days! Still see quite a few of the lads from back then and they haven't changed that much (well some of em!)

Hi footiefreak,

any chance of uploading that video please?

I could probably point a few out to you as i used to live nextdoor to Carlos and Andre from Smak19, i used to watch them practising on their back garden with the rest of them.

Their older brother Denton was a podium dancer on Top of the pops aswell.

hi all! has anyone ever heard of a crew called scratch mix?? :confused:

my boyfriend claims to have been an 'amazing' breakdancer in sheffield back in the day, and I am dying to find some footage!

would have been mid 80's as well. haven't seen the crew mentioned above though, he says their name changed a lot...sounds a bit like an imaginative crew to me, which would explain his dodgy breakdancing skills :hihi:

please let me know if you know anything!

btw, what's this about tv footage??? anyway to upload that on here? :partyhat:

hi all! has anyone ever heard of a crew called scratch mix?? :confused:

my boyfriend claims to have been an 'amazing' breakdancer in sheffield back in the day, and I am dying to find some footage!

would have been mid 80's as well. haven't seen the crew mentioned above though, he says their name changed a lot...sounds a bit like an imaginative crew to me, which would explain his dodgy breakdancing skills :hihi:

please let me know if you know anything!

btw, what's this about tv footage??? anyway to upload that on here? :partyhat:

Yes I remember Scratch Mix! They did exsist! Greg Edwards was in this crew if I remember correctly! Think they night have been on the 'Calendar' t.v.footage? :-) think they were one of the younger crews around at this time.

Hi footiefreak,

any chance of uploading that video please?

I could probably point a few out to you as i used to live nextdoor to Carlos and Andre from Smak19, i used to watch them practising on their back garden with the rest of them.

Their older brother Denton was a podium dancer on Top of the pops aswell.

If I had a pound for everytime someone asked me for a copy of this vid!!! :-)

Edited by deedar
copyright.