Are there any 1980's breakdancers here?

Were you there with your piece of lino and portable cassette player, with the Electro albums on it??? lol! Oh the good old days! ive hunted high and low for those albums, theyre like rocking horse poop!! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

i have electro 1 / crucial electro on vinyl :)

aswell as the crush groove soundtrack and loads of grandmaster flash vinyl and stuff.

recently i downloaded the wildstyle film / soundtrack too :)

i never got into breakdancing being a punk but i used to hang around with some body poppers at woodhouse, used to go graffiting with em, they first put me in touch with the early (punk) beastie boys stuff too

i can remember them being on calender a mate o mine has got the video of it we once battled street crew in barnsley they came to one of the schools

I remember Smack 19. The music was great, Ive still got the 12" of Hey You by The Rock Steady Crew, Breakmachine and Fat Boys albums on vinyl lol! :hihi: Id love to have all of the Electro albums, but I cant find them anywhere :(

The clothes were perfect for a tom boy like me! :P

I dont like the modern day breakdancing, its too much like gymnastics for me, gimme old school anytime lol! :D Ah, the good old days :love:

hi im from barnsley and have all the electro albums even the first ones on mp3 if you would like a copy

hi im from barnsley and have all the electro albums even the first ones on mp3 if you would like a copy

i can remember them being on calender a mate o mine has got the video of it we once battled street crew in barnsley they came to one of the schools

I can remember Street Crew going round schools! We arranged for them to come to ours to dance (I was going out with one of them at the time - I was 15) and because me and my mates knew them, we were flavour of the month! :hihi: Seems like yesterday!

I was there at the limit satdis. plastic glasses and the mirrored wall to practice dancing. also remember me lino and subway challenges next to roxy. Smac 19 were the best in town. We had a crew of six twoz the best times ever. now 36 and found me self drunk at a wedding doing flares . electro albums and breakdance party. kappa tracksuits and shell toes

god i used to love electro last xmas my hubby managed to get me of the internet all the electros from 1 upwards brought some right memories back x

use to breakdance at caterlodge youth club with my mates we had smack 19 come and learn us some moves we even performed at hacky club them were good days

There used to be nothing better than getting the lino out on the street corner.

Beat Street was a great film back then too

my brother & his mates used to go to the limit they used to call themselves "the cosmic crew" they used to idolise the older breakers the name "yellow man" seems to stick out also "pele"

Were you there with your piece of lino and portable cassette player, with the Electro albums on it??? lol! Oh the good old days! ive hunted high and low for those albums, theyre like rocking horse poop!! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I just got the Electro albums box set at Christmas from Cargo Records. All 22 albums on mp3 on 2 cds and a dvd of some classic vids. Well worth the £50

cargorecords.co.uk

whay dvds do you have i have beat street breakdance 1 and 2 and wildstyle i also have various uk bboy championships