Are there any 1980's breakdancers here?

Did anyone used to do breakdancing/bodypopping in the 80's when, in my opinion, it was at its best?

The Limit nightclub on a Saturday morning used to hold a breakdancing club, did anyone used to go, or have any other great memories of the time/music etc? :love:

Did anyone used to do breakdancing/bodypopping in the 80's when, in my opinion, it was at its best?

The Limit nightclub on a Saturday morning used to hold a breakdancing club, did anyone used to go, or have any other great memories of the time/music etc? :love:

Breakdancing was great (still is) and loved the breakdance film and the music, was it Ollie and Jerry who did "theres no stopping us" ?. Old mates of mine Mark and Paul use to tell me they went to the Limit breakdance club although i never went myself.

I was there lisalee! Limit was good and the challenges on Fargate and up by Roxy's on a Saturday afternoon.

i remember an event at the nelson mandela building about '84. i represented our youth-club (miners welfare, high green).

i was about 10 years old and must have been one of the youngest.

i also remember the lads that used to dance in jd sports about the same time - smack 19?

good days indeed. loved the music/clothes/dancing.

Breakdancing was great (still is) and loved the breakdance film and the music, was it Ollie and Jerry who did "theres no stopping us" ?. Old mates of mine Mark and Paul use to tell me they went to the Limit breakdance club although i never went myself.

Yep, it was Ollie and jerry, great film and soundtrack :hihi:

wonder if the forum has a
as good as this kid :hihi:

Thats more bodypopping than breakdancing hun, and that kid's got to be made of rubber to be able to do that!! :hihi:

I was there lisalee! Limit was good and the challenges on Fargate and up by Roxy's on a Saturday afternoon.

Were you there with your piece of lino and portable cassette player, with the Electro albums on it??? lol! Oh the good old days! ive hunted high and low for those albums, theyre like rocking horse poop!! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

i remember an event at the nelson mandela building about '84. i represented our youth-club (miners welfare, high green).

i was about 10 years old and must have been one of the youngest.

i also remember the lads that used to dance in jd sports about the same time - smack 19?

good days indeed. loved the music/clothes/dancing.

I remember Smack 19. The music was great, Ive still got the 12" of Hey You by The Rock Steady Crew, Breakmachine and Fat Boys albums on vinyl lol! :hihi: Id love to have all of the Electro albums, but I cant find them anywhere :(

The clothes were perfect for a tom boy like me! :P

I dont like the modern day breakdancing, its too much like gymnastics for me, gimme old school anytime lol! :D Ah, the good old days :love:

I was there at the limit satdis. plastic glasses and the mirrored wall to practice dancing. also remember me lino and subway challenges next to roxy. Smac 19 were the best in town. We had a crew of six twoz the best times ever. now 36 and found me self drunk at a wedding doing flares . electro albums and breakdance party. kappa tracksuits and shell toes

I was there at the limit satdis. plastic glasses and the mirrored wall to practice dancing. also remember me lino and subway challenges next to roxy. Smac 19 were the best in town. We had a crew of six twoz the best times ever. now 36 and found me self drunk at a wedding doing flares . electro albums and breakdance party. kappa tracksuits and shell toes

Yeah Smac 19 were the best if I'm honest, but seen as I went out with a member of 'Street Crew' for a while, I'm a bit bias to them! I have a video of them all (that I recorded off the telly in '85! LOL) when they held the Calendar break dancing comp at Nelson Mandela building in Pond Street. There's just about every Sheff breakdancer on there either in a crew competing or in the crowd! I went through a phase a few months ago, playing it to see who I could spot from back then! My lad is into street dancing and I got the video out to show him that us 'oldies' have been there and done that one! And he was well impressed LOL! Those were the days! Still see quite a few of the lads from back then and they haven't changed that much (well some of em!) though I'm not sure they'd manage to be still doing drunken flares at weddings! LOL - nice one silki1 - would have liked to have seen that! Which crew were you in silki1?