School days, best days or worst days of your life?

I hated school when I was there, but looking back i guess its true what they say school days 'best days of your life' Is this true for you or were they truly awful.?

Primary days were the worst, always hated leaving my mum and faked many an illness not to go.

In secondry school it was more fun, had a laugh, a place to catch up on gossip with your mates. Just wish I'd payed more attention to the teacher than my mates :(

Going to The Convent High School For Girls , it was hell on earth. All we did was pray. Couldnt wait to leave and find out all about boys.!:D

I hated school and left at 15 with no qualifications.

I'm doing O.K now 40yrs on but I wish I could go back and do it all again, I wouldn,t wag a single day.

The more you can learn in those early years will pave the way to a better future.

It may sound silly but was education better in the 60's 70's, I've noticed on here the older ones have better spelling and grammar than the younger ones, all this phonetics stuff, whats that all about, and text speak, hate it.

Thanks to the mods for banning it on here.:thumbsup:

I hated King Edward's when I was there (1959-66) but looking back I'm glad I went there. Schooldays were neither the best nor worst days of my life, but they were certainly formative. And I can still spell; as shaznay wrote, there was more emphasis on it 40 or so years ago.

Loved primary school, hated senior school. When I went to school you had to be able to spell properly and be able to use exclamation marks, punctuation marks and quotation marks etc. all in the right places, if not, you didn't pass your tests and exams. Mind you, it was a long time ago.

No, I don't think they were the best days of my life.

I neither hated or loved it. I just went.

I found the work hard at grammar school, but managed to leave with a few qualifications. Had some good school pals who I've lost touch with over the years.

The best days of my life are still to come....when I finally retire from work and have some "my time" to spend with the wife and grandkids.

I was at an intermediate school and a grammar school, enjoying both.The intermediate school because I first discovered girls and the grammer school because I had both a math and a physics teacher who converted me from a so-so student to one who was highly motivated. At the grammer school I also met a fellow tennis player with whom I played for probably hundreds of hours over many years. He also became my best friend

1975-1977 Nethergreen First - Missed home, pretended to be poorly, weak and scared!

1977-1981 Nethergreen Middle - Became confident and settled, progressed. Mrs Cooper (M4C in 1980/81) was the best teacher I ever had and taught me to believe in myself!

1981-1983 King Edward II (Lower) Tough first year, better second, generally good times

1983-1985 King Edward VII (Upper) Colditz, cold, miserable and in all fairness I was bored stiff, couldn't wait to 'get out'.

Looking back? Like life, you remember the good times and there were plenty. I had a good education but like passing a driving test, it equips you to begin learning. My vast improvement in grammar came once I'd left school (and strangely through learning other languages). Yet, were I to hear a song from (say) 1984 - example, Two Tribes by FGTH - I'm instantly taken back to those days at KES but not in school itself but lunch-time in the Botanical Gardens. We also went on some good trips during my time at school.

And a note of encouragement. I've been in accounts since I left school in 1985. And guess what? If there's one subject I'm garbage at, that's it, maths!

I hated King Edward's when I was there (1959-66) but looking back I'm glad I went there. Schooldays were neither the best nor worst days of my life, but they were certainly formative. And I can still spell; as shaznay wrote, there was more emphasis on it 40 or so years ago.

I'm with hillsboro. High Storrs GS Boys '54-'61. Good memories mostly, but overall I wouldn't say they were the best or the worst days of my life. Corporal punishment was the norm then, but aside from one teacher whom I truly did detest, it was administered without malice. I am thankful for the education I received because from a scholastic perspective it was first rate.

Worst.

I absolutely and utterly despised school, I found it boring and a waste of time.

I stopped going at around the age of 13 and perfected the fine art of truancy.

I hated every minute I was there & the happiest day was when I left.Couldn`t play wag or my mother would have killed me.:hihi: