Toddlers peeing in the gutter- illegal

God almighty, a child does a tiddle in the gutter, must be at least three drops of pee. It is not like we are talking about an adult who has drank 14 pints of Stella and has to let it go. Jesus, even a German Shep dog would do more than that, so why this huge arguement? If a child needs to go, then so be it, we are I assume talking toddlers? Not retarded 35 year olds who live in the care of the community?

This is one of those "spot the non parent" threads.

Can you not take it to PM please guys, its getting slightly tedious now.

I thought this one of the more interesting threads on SF :roll:

GET OVER IT!

I thought this one of the more interesting threads on SF :roll:

GET OVER IT!

Amen to that. Obsession can be a dangerous thing ;)

Yes, I'm sure a best-seller could emerge from all this. The Control Freaks and Health & Safety mob would buy up every last copy.

There would be chapters on the Effects of Toddlers' Urine on Street Gutters, The Complete History of Infant Urinary Behaviour, Utensils That Are Useful in an Infant Crisis, Training of Potty Behaviour from Birth, Flooding in Catcliffe--The Real Cause ? , Nappies at The Age of 36 ? ,Measuring Cups For Toddler Liquid Intake.............etc......

One can think of no more serious problem than Toddler Tiddling in today's society. I have seen people faint through Toddler Tiddle Pong and Toddler Tiddle Disgust. If the Anti-Smokers and the Anti-Toddler Tiddlers combined forces, there would be no stopping their march to a Utopian Society, here on Earth

Yes, I'm sure a best-seller could emerge from all this. The Control Freaks and Health & Safety mob would buy up every last copy.

There would be chapters on the Effects of Toddlers' Urine on Street Gutters, The Complete History of Infant Urinary Behaviour, Utensils That Are Useful in an Infant Crisis, Training of Potty Behaviour from Birth, Flooding in Catcliffe--The Real Cause ? , Nappies at The Age of 36 ? ,Measuring Cups For Toddler Liquid Intake.............etc......

One can think of no more serious problem than Toddler Tiddling in today's society. I have seen people faint through Toddler Tiddle Pong and Toddler Tiddle Disgust. If the Anti-Smokers and the Anti-Toddler Tiddlers combined forces, there would be no stopping their march to a Utopian Society, here on Earth

Don't forget the chapter which discusses the mental stability of those who simply HAVE to get their point across, regardless of rationality, bandwidth or general boredom of those around them :hihi:

And let me repeat the question that you seem to refuse to want to answer (as if you are scared to answer).

You've set off from home with small child.

You've made sure small child has been to the toilet before you leave.

You've taken all reasonable measures to ensure there will be no mishaps.

But suddenly you hear 'I need the toilet I'm desperate'.

Child needs toilet quick.

There are no toilets, shops, offices or public inrastructure near enough for you to make it with desperate child.

You only have 2 options:

1. Let your child urinate in the gutter.

2 Make them wet themselves.

Which would you choose?

You really are an obsessive little man. I have already stated that I took two children through potty training without one of them fouling the street like a common dog. Now, if you can't accept that fact then you really do have a problem.

Your question is designed to give the answer you want, well, its not forthcoming. However, I can pass you some advice: dress your child in a nappy if you suspect you may not be able to reach a toilet and stop fouling the streets. Its quite frankly third world behaviour and its disgusting.

That's very fortuitous of you to have the bottle and the knife in the car.

But what if you didn't?

If we could all plan for all scenarios, then there'd be no AA/RAC (all our cars would be properly serviced, driven as per the manual, be looked after and would never breakdown)

There'd be no lost property offices (we'd never lose anything).

We'd never be late or forget to do anything or but everything we wanted.

And what if you hadn't actually been in the car when you used that cup (and the cup was still in the car?).

I have posed a question to earlier posters - what would you do - let your child use the gutter or wet themselves.

I have continually had the response back that they would never let it get that far.

This leaves me believing that I'm being called either incompetent for not planning what an unpredictable child can do (which is not possible to do for all children, and if anyone tells you that it is and that all children are the same then they are sadly misguided), disgusting for letting them pee in the street, or a bad parent for making them wet themselves.

My answer is that I took all reasonable steps to ensure that my child would not be caught out. But with the best will in the world, we ALL get caught out at times (see AA/lost property analogy above).

Some will never get caught out - but for those of us that do, I just want to know what the 'judgemental' ones amongst you would do in our situation.

What is it with all the:

But what if you didn't?

How can I explain to someone like you that outside of your mindset, some people don't encounter the "obvious" situations that you find yourself in, in life because they plan for eventualities and take appropriate precautions in anticipation of their children wanting the use of a toilet.... just get it through your head that some people don't let their kids urinate in the street in full view of the general public and if that makes them odd.... so be it.

I think if there is a toilet nearby a child should be encouraged to use it. It is not socially acceptable for an adult to urinate on the street (in fact you get arrested) so I don't think children should be taught that it's OK. Saying that, if you have a desperate 2 yr old & no toilet in sight then find a tree!

I think if there is a toilet nearby a child should be encouraged to use it.

I totally agree.

It is not socially acceptable for an adult to urinate on the street (in fact you get arrested) so I don't think children should be taught that it's OK.

I totally agree.

Saying that, if you have a desperate 2 yr old & no toilet in sight then find a tree!

Tree/bush/gutter - the difference is?

Tree/bush/gutter - the difference is?

None.... all are equally disgusting.... is your child led round on a lead?

You really are an obsessive little man. I have already stated that I took two children through potty training without one of them fouling the street like a common dog. Now, if you can't accept that fact then you really do have a problem.

Your question is designed to give the answer you want, well, its not forthcoming. However, I can pass you some advice: dress your child in a nappy if you suspect you may not be able to reach a toilet and stop fouling the streets. Its quite frankly third world behaviour and its disgusting.

You really are a complete arrogant dummy.

I have already accepted that you may not have encountered this problem (several times in the posts that you seem to want to ignore).

My question isn't designed to give me the answer I want. My question is an ACTUAL scenario that ACTUALLY happens. It's happened to me in the past (although it doesn't anymore as my children are old enough now), it's happened to many other parents who have posted on this thread.

You have this narrow minded, blinkered view that because it's never happened to you, it never will, and it should never happen to anyone else. How arrogant.

My question is designed to ask you what you would do in that scenario.

And you don't have the guts to answer that question.

Or do you?