Toddlers peeing in the gutter- illegal

That's probably the most overused cliche on this forum. Haven't you noticed?

Let me put it simply, there are other solutions to the problem, not just the two that you and Frank keep banging on about.

Solutions to the problem of a toddler desperate for the toilet with no toilet in the area ?

1 - let them wet themselves

2 - allow them to wee discreetly in a grate

3 - ???

Solutions to the problem of a toddler desperate for the toilet with no toilet in the area ?

1 - let them wet themselves

2 - allow them to wee discreetly in a grate

3 - ???

3) If they're not fully toilet trained, a nappy should be worn when not close to a toilet

None of you are going to change each others' minds...perhaps you could all accept that there are different approaches to almost every aspect of parenting and that you're all actually allowed to choose? Lighten up ffs.

None of you are going to change each others' minds...perhaps you could all accept that there are different approaches to almost every aspect of parenting and that you're all actually allowed to choose? Lighten up ffs.

Well said. I was prepared to agree to differ, but others were like a dog with a frigging bone. Talk about pushing the point!

Well said. I was prepared to agree to differ, but others were like a dog with a frigging bone. Talk about pushing the point!

:hihi:

This is really funny!:hihi:

That still sounds like semi-incontinent to me.

Since the vivid scenario you paint is outside the experience I had bringing up two kids of my own, I refer the hon. gentleman to my previous answer above.

I'm not asking you about your own experiences.

I'm asking you:

What would you do in the following scenario, which has happened to many, many parents:

You've set off from home with small child.

You've made sure small child has been to the toilet before you leave.

You've taken all reasonable measures to ensure there will be no mishaps.

But suddenly you hear 'I need the toilet I'm desperate'.

Child needs toilet quick.

There are no toilets, shops, offices or public inrastructure near enough for you to make it with desperate child.

You only have 2 options:

1. Let your child urinate in the gutter.

2 Make them wet themselves.

Which would you choose?

Now granted, this may not have happened to you. I know many parents it hasn't happened to. I know many it has. But try not to be so narrow minded that because it hasn't happened to you, you don't feel that you are capabale or intelligent enough to think about what you would do.

Well I'm with the OP on this- anyone else has never been caught short with kids. He didn't say he encouraged or wanted to do this, but he had HAD to do it in the past.

It's not disgusting, it's desperate. Some equally good and decnt parents have had to do this ONLY because they would not let their almost-potty-trained kids (with no nappy on) wet themselves.

And Smunchkin dear, you started using the word chav to offend just because you disagreed, not the OP. Re-read the posts.

Amen.

I know its illegal in leicester for a man to give a strange baby a peck on the

cheek, even if it is held by an adult.Is it the same in Sheffield?

:hihi:

This is really funny!:hihi:

Frank's still at it.

Does Perry Mason with a stutter ring any bells? :hihi:

Frank's still at it.

Does Perry Mason with a stutter ring any bells? :hihi:

Are you Michael Howard in disguise?

I know what, we will all meet up on West Street with our children and have a "weeing in the gutter" afternoon, and see how many of us get arrested, then we will find out if it is illegal or not.

Are you Michael Howard in disguise?

Ah, yes, the Paxman reference would have been much funnier, damn!

It feels like I've answered your question a dozen times already, but at the risk of boring everyone senseless here it is again.

I don't accept that your two choices are the only options.

If any of my kids (potty trained or not) could not hold their wee long enough to find a toilet. I'd make sure they wore a nappy when leaving the house until such times as they could.

In fact, looking back 20 odd years through the mists of time, I think that's exactly what happened. So the need to urinate in public never arose in my kids' case.

As the earlier poster said, we're never going to agree on this. So let's agree to differ.

Ah, yes, the Paxman reference would have been much funnier, damn!

It feels like I've answered your question a dozen times already, but at the risk of boring everyone senseless here it is again.

I don't accept that your two choices are the only options.

If any of my kids (potty trained or not) could not hold their wee long enough to find a toilet. I'd make sure they wore a nappy when leaving the house until such times as they could.

In fact, looking back 20 odd years through the mists of time, I think that's exactly what happened. So the need to urinate in public never arose in my kids' case.

As the earlier poster said, we're never going to agree on this. So let's agree to differ.

There are only 2 options in the scenario I have presented you with - which is a very real scenario.

You just choose to dodge the question with your 'it will never happen to me' answer, as though burying your head in the sand will make it an acceptable answer.

Let me ask you a different question. Have you ever run out of petrol?