Sacked via a text message!

you prob wont get something except minimum rights, but call jobcentre new claims line as well to get your claim on time, least you should get is a notice pay-off

if the business was sold and taking over, the contract with the staff are niod and viod so you are wasting your time, just get over it and try and find new job instead of wasting time trying to work for someone who dont want you

And if you don't get a P60 from them in a few weeks time give me a call ;)

Sara Go to Howells Solicitors they are Good they Helped me with my case for Unfair Dismissal.:)

sare i would look into it my friend had that done to her they had to pay her wages an holiday pay an she is fighting it do wot mark says an if you still got the txt on your phone about him keeping you on show them that good luck

may also be a good idea to look at the toupe law (i thinks thats hows we spells it)...

As even though he is the new manager and you are an employee he should give first preference to current staff, i am not a legal person but i have read somewhere about this law etc..

I would read that text as to go in Tuesday or whichever would have been your next day in. Have you misunderstood the message. Perhaps since this has been a new takeover, they may not need you for the first day and are giving you a day off while they sort things out. If you had been sacked they wouldn't just have mentioned Monday, would they.

Theres no guarantee you got the text anyway. Just say you didn't and go in to find out whats happening. (unless they also read the forum).

may also be a good idea to look at the toupe law (i thinks thats hows we spells it)...

As even though he is the new manager and you are an employee he should give first preference to current staff, i am not a legal person but i have read somewhere about this law etc..

Think you're meaning TUPE law, Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations.

http://www.out-law.com/page-448

Indeed, there should be laws against sacking by text message....but a previous post is correct....it just says Monday.

I would go in on Tuesday and make them tell you face to face....the cowards :D

Indeed, there should be laws against sacking by text message....but a previous post is correct....it just says Monday.

I would go in on Tuesday and make them tell you face to face....the cowards :D

I agree with this,maybe the new managers just want some time to set things up as they want.Managers are notorious for fixing things that ain't broken or stamping their authority on things.Don't forget to ask if you are being paid for Monday.

If you are really lucky things might be better.No where does it say that you have been sacked.

if the business was sold and taking over, the contract with the staff are niod and viod so you are wasting your time, just get over it and try and find new job instead of wasting time trying to work for someone who dont want you

That's rubbish. Check out the TUPE link posted below.

You can't really just be sacked for no reason without prior warnings.

So in this sense you have been made redundant without proper notice or pay.

You could be entitled to redundancy pay as well as pay in leiu of notice.

A lot of time when a business is taken over the new boss takes on existing staff and takes over all of their holiday and redundancy pay.

ACAS have a website and a very good telephone helpline.

I'd also contact the Inland Revenue, especially if you haven't received a P45 to get them investigating the business.

If they do this wrong what else are they doing wrong.