Passport photos thread

Hi everyone,

I need to renew my driving licence and need some passport photos. Can someone tell me where there's booths in the city centre?

Thank you.

Go to Timpsons (next to Natwest) and have them taken by a human being.

Boots on High Street have one upstairs.

There's a photography stall in the market who do passport photos, they guy takes the shots properly so they'll be good quality.

You can try Tesco's in West Street or Boots in Fargate

The photo place next to mcdonalds does them as well.

Wilkos has a photo booth as well

Boots on High Street have one upstairs.

The upstairs staff are miserable sods though, aren't they?

I think they were kicked out of Charm School so ended up working on the top floor of Boots with no natural daylight and as little human contact as possible.

The upstairs staff are miserable sods though, aren't they?

I think they were kicked out of Charm School so ended up working on the top floor of Boots with no natural daylight and as little human contact as possible.

You're dead right mate. I had an appointment for diabetic eye screening there but when I went they refused to do it because I didn't bring the letter.

I had to make a new appointment so I went somewhere else. Was I asked for the letter? Of course not.

I hope they lost a fee. :)

You're dead right mate. I had an appointment for diabetic eye screening there but when I went they refused to do it because I didn't bring the letter.

I had to make a new appointment so I went somewhere else. Was I asked for the letter? Of course not.

Was your name and date of birth not enough proof for them?!

Strange thing is, the staff downstairs on ground floor couldn't nicer!

I honestly think that Boots stick the miserable staff upstairs and out of the way of most customers on purpose; it's less hassle than firing them and being taken to a tribunal :hihi:

Hi There

Have you tried boots on fargate? I know boots in Norton S12 do

Not a recommendation - more a suggestion for where not go...

I used the one in the Post Office near Howden House earlier this year. I found it a real hassle and I thought the photos were terrible.

The machine wouldn't accept some of my coins (you need £5 in change). I only had £5 in change, so I didn't have extra coins to swap with the ones getting rejected. The machine wouldn't then return the money I'd already put in so I could go and get more change.

When I eventually got to the point of having my photos taken they were awful. I get that you won't look like a supermodel on a photo booth snap, but I looked a cross between a criminal and the living dead. Don't get me wrong I'm not vain but I would have liked a photo that made me appear half human.

I pressed the option to retake a number of times but the machine announces loudly that's what you are doing so everyone in the large queue knew I was repeatedly retaking them. In the end I gave up took the terrible shots and paid to have the done again elsewhere.