Chinese Boxing?

superstar1 I welcome anyone no mater the art they do to come to train or chat even if its just 1 or 2 classes to see what traditional kung fu its bout.

Thanks Dave as soon as i get some free time i would like to come along and try something diffrent, ive done a few things like Bjj, mmA, Lau Gar kung fu, American style kickboxing, all within about a year, ive stayed with the kung fu the longest so would like to try some other style (perhaps i havnt stayed long enough at anything a bit of a jack of all trades):hihi:

jack of all trades is ok for a year or so but you will be better staying with one in the end

Ive been talking to my instructor about our discussion and he has asked me to clarify that in the class he does not teach sanda but only American or full contact kickboxing however once students get to a certain level they are introduced into the sanda (leg catches, take downs and sweeps etc) so if some one wanted sanda from day one then they would need to train with a sanda school but if they wanted kickboxing with sanda techniques put in at a later stage then he can accomodate.

glad thats sorted.

Ive been talking to my instructor about our discussion and he has asked me to clarify that in the class he does not teach sanda but only American or full contact kickboxing however once students get to a certain level they are introduced into the sanda (leg catches, take downs and sweeps etc) so if some one wanted sanda from day one then they would need to train with a sanda school but if they wanted kickboxing with sanda techniques put in at a later stage then he can accomodate.

glad thats sorted.

If anyone wants to train Sanda, start off by finding a GOOD instructor, one that understands PROPER kickboxing as well as Takedowns,etc.

What would work well would be to train in PROPER kickboxing (or muay thai)

When i say proper i dont mean the shiny pants flicky kicking tippy tappy stuff, well i dont expect someone with limited intelligence to understand what i mean.

For the takedowns you could always train at an MMA club or do a bit of BJJ or normal ju jitsu/wrestling etc.

How many sheffield fighters have competed in SANDA/Sanshou?

Enlighten me :hihi:

Why do the kickboxing threads always end up this way?

If anyone wants to train Sanda, start off by finding a GOOD instructor, one that understands PROPER kickboxing as well as Takedowns,etc.

What would work well would be to train in PROPER kickboxing (or muay thai)

When i say proper i dont mean the shiny pants flicky kicking tippy tappy stuff, well i dont expect someone with limited intelligence to understand what i mean.

For the takedowns you could always train at an MMA club or do a bit of BJJ or normal ju jitsu/wrestling etc.

How many sheffield fighters have competed in SANDA/Sanshou?

Enlighten me :hihi:

The trouble is jebb some 'kickboxing people' just love to cause trouble and bad feeling between diffrent clubs

I dont know what they get out of it, must be some kind of buzz for them.

i dont even know what this bloke chefkiker has to do with sanda unless he teaches it as well, i mean theres dave who teaches sanda then we have chefkiker saying just go to a kickboxing club then learn the takedowns from a mma club:huh: whats all that about

Im not going to get involved with key board warriors, its a little childish,

But dave if the offer is still there when i get the time i will hopefully come and train with you.:thumbsup:

The trouble is jebb some 'kickboxing people' just love to cause trouble and bad feeling between diffrent clubs

I dont know what they get out of it, must be some kind of buzz for them.

i dont even know what this bloke chefkiker has to do with sanda unless he teaches it as well, i mean theres dave who teaches sanda then we have chefkiker saying just go to a kickboxing club then learn the takedowns from a mma club:huh: whats all that about

Im not going to get involved with key board warriors, its a little childish,

But dave if the offer is still there when i get the time i will hopefully come and train with you.:thumbsup:

Keyboard Warrior? I have achieved more in kickboxing than your whole club probably has all put together. Actually our junior fighter has had more ringtime than your whole fight squad so dont even go there.

The real keyboard warrior is you.

You come on here trolling and pretending to ask questions. When you get the answers you dont want you spit the dummy.

Bottom line is Lau gar is NOT chinese kickboxing so dont even try that fradulent rubbish.

Answer MY question! Who from sheffield has entered a sanda match. I can answer this question at least once.

Why do the kickboxing threads always end up this way?

It always seems to be the same person jebb:loopy:

What lau gar has to do with him i dont know :huh:

or what his problem is, :rant:

but he has a right bee in his bonnet, how would some one know what a style is unless they 've trained in it :confused: (from what ive see lau gar is alot of things.)

He just seems to embarres himself with every post.

The more he abuses diffrent styles, the more people can see what he is realy like,

If you look through this thread it was a discussion about chinese boxing untill chefkiker put his nose in then it just become abusive,

No one has mentioned your club chefkiker so why do you try to discredit lau gar, have you heard the saying 'what goes around comes around'

If some one has a problem the mature thing would be to take it up with the instructors not throw insults around on here, lau gar this , lau gar that, my dads bigger than your dad what kind of behaviour is that for a so called instructor of a club.

I said before im not getting drawn in to childish insults so as far as im concerned this is the last post i will make on this thread,

once again it has been spoiled by immature childish people believing that they are the best,

You realy need to give it a rest and grow up !!!!!!!

It always seems to be the same person jebb:loopy:

What lau gar has to do with him i dont know :huh:

or what his problem is, :rant:

but he has a right bee in his bonnet, how would some one know what a style is unless they 've trained in it :confused: (from what ive see lau gar is alot of things.)

He just seems to embarres himself with every post.

The more he abuses diffrent styles, the more people can see what he is realy like,

If you look through this thread it was a discussion about chinese boxing untill chefkiker put his nose in then it just become abusive,

No one has mentioned your club chefkiker so why do you try to discredit lau gar, have you heard the saying 'what goes around comes around'

If some one has a problem the mature thing would be to take it up with the instructors not throw insults around on here, lau gar this , lau gar that, my dads bigger than your dad what kind of behaviour is that for a so called instructor of a club.

I said before im not getting drawn in to childish insults so as far as im concerned this is the last post i will make on this thread,

once again it has been spoiled by immature childish people believing that they are the best,

You realy need to give it a rest and grow up !!!!!!!

whateva!!! who discredited who? are you on drugs or sumthing ? no one said we are bigger and better well we are but who cares ;) Who does chinese kickboxing and who fights in it? Who has had a fight in it can u please answer Mr farhads question?

The best thing about these kick boxing threads is that they always decend into bickering, and nasty insults. Great entertainment when bored at work

Then of course, a wind up merchant pops up and sets the cat among the pigeons with a wind up thread/post.

One more thing, carefull of how you word things

Actually our junior fighter has had more ringtime than your whole fight squad QUOTE]

Who from sheffield has entered a sanda match. I can answer this question at least once.

I Have but would not do it again lol well not at the time i did :( (it hurt lol)

maybe if i was back in my 20s and the sport is as it is now :hihi:

To me sanda is more than just kickboxing with take downs

You could do it that way but that would be like someone that lets say trains in an art that kick and punch and they call it kickboxing.

Some competitions (not all) will ask you to perform a form in the kung fu art you do before you are allowed to enter.

But there are some that are open to all arts.

If you go to the British Council for Chinese Martial Arts website http://www.bccma.com you can down load the rules.

Within the BCCMA I was the only person from the area that attended the judging course for QinDa and Sanda and I have only ever had 1 sanda fight in my life (but I have had other fights) but that was back in the time when the rues allowed you to (well lets just say twist the rules to damage your opponent) and was fought on a traditional Lei tai platform. (kind of a boxing ring with no ropes)

Now allot of the sanda fights are on a matted floor or in a boxing ring.

Is lau gar Chinese boxing ????????

Well in my opinion

yes but the art has moved more towards the semi contact and the American kickboxing side and moved away from what the art once was but that’s not to say they are no good.

A lot of top fighters in the UK have come from Lau Gar and have had top kickboxing fighters.