Anyone From Carbrook?

For anyone interested in joining the Firth Park "60" this year reunion, take a look at the facebook group "60 This School Year Reunion Firth Park Comp". All of the details are there, Gill Smith (wife of Alan Smith Berkley St) is co-ordinating the site and more names are needed. Thanks for the names (Tash I have some photos of Carbrook bowling club, photos of your dad that you might be interested in). Some characters I'm mindful of that I don't believe have contacted the facebook group- Susan Moj, Janice Fields, Doreen Broomhead, Carol shirt. Strange that it's all the girls I'm remembering :-) . I know Pete Boldock, Steve Asquith and Bob Bolan are on the Facebook group, Tash is aware too. As for Attercliffe memories, Mr Metham and Attercliffe baths, swimming galas, OXO and iced gems, strange whiffs in the post bath showers and the joy of the toyshop on the way back with as much stock as Redgates all packed into a front room.

For anyone interested in joining the Firth Park "60" this year reunion, take a look at the facebook group "60 This School Year Reunion Firth Park Comp". All of the details are there, Gill Smith (wife of Alan Smith Berkley St) is co-ordinating the site and more names are needed. Thanks for the names (Tash I have some photos of Carbrook bowling club, photos of your dad that you might be interested in). Some characters I'm mindful of that I don't believe have contacted the facebook group- Susan Moj, Janice Fields, Doreen Broomhead, Carol shirt. Strange that it's all the girls I'm remembering :-) . I know Pete Boldock, Steve Asquith and Bob Bolan are on the Facebook group, Tash is aware too. As for Attercliffe memories, Mr Metham and Attercliffe baths, swimming galas, OXO and iced gems, strange whiffs in the post bath showers and the joy of the toyshop on the way back with as much stock as Redgates all packed into a front room.

Hi thurleystan i am tash would love to see the photos of my dad and I bet my uncle his brother will be on them too sadly my dad died in 2012 and his brother has died too did u go to school with me thurleystan ?

You did go to Carbrook with me Tez, (my nickname was Stan, real name John Staniforth). My dad was Harry, mum Elaine, they were good friends of your mum and dad, also of Nigel Wild's mum and dad. I expect Nige went to and stayed in Blackpool, he was obsessed with the place. Can't think why. I was in the Thurley Place mafia with Bob, Steve, his brother John, my brother Harry, Gary Graham and Paul Neville. My grandad (another Harry, Steadfast St) was also a friend of your Dad via the bowls club, hence the Carbrook bowls team photos.

You did go to Carbrook with me Tez, (my nickname was Stan, real name John Staniforth). My dad was Harry, mum Elaine, they were good friends of your mum and dad, also of Nigel Wild's mum and dad. I expect Nige went to and stayed in Blackpool, he was obsessed with the place. Can't think why. I was in the Thurley Place mafia with Bob, Steve, his brother John, my brother Harry, Gary Graham and Paul Neville. My grandad (another Harry, Steadfast St) was also a friend of your Dad via the bowls club, hence the Carbrook bowls team photos.

Hi Stan YeP Nigel still in Blackpool as I know went years ago he was running two pubs don't know if he still runs them its a few years since I spoke to Bob he lived up Richmond think he said remember ur mum and dad sadly last time I saw u I brought my mum to ur mums funeral do u remember my mum died 2008 and dad died 2012 are u going to the reunion in June take care tash

I'm definitely going to the reunion Tash. Hope to meet up with Bob B' and Steve A' this month for a beer. I'll post a link to my onedrive photos once I've uploaded 5 posts (site moderator rules). I'm interested in the names of the people in the Carbrook crown green bowls photos. While on, two more names spring to mind, Paul Box and Stephen King. I know Steve went into the army when he left school, not sure what happened to Paul.

I'm definitely going to the reunion Tash. Hope to meet up with Bob B' and Steve A' this month for a beer. I'll post a link to my onedrive photos once I've uploaded 5 posts (site moderator rules). I'm interested in the names of the people in the Carbrook crown green bowls photos. While on, two more names spring to mind, Paul Box and Stephen King. I know Steve went into the army when he left school, not sure what happened to Paul.

Hi Stan see u at reunion remember me to Bob and Steve I can remember a few old bowlers wally Webster earnest damms wally war boys my uncle Ken ur dad the good old ďays not seen kingy or boxy since school Kenny hizam lives near me but I don't see much of him heard Pete boldock lives up York seen Alan suckerley in Morrison's a few times at ecclesfield were I live bye for now take care tash

I may go if anybody remembers me, I know tash will, what about Stan ward ? Is he about. .... Pete ....

I may go if anybody remembers me, I know tash will, what about Stan ward ? Is he about. .... Pete ....

Hi Pete tash here yes i am going heard John staniforth Bob Nolan Steve asguith Alan Smith Pete boldock Kenny hizam and more its in June get back to me if your going I will tell u right date take care Pete

---------- Post added 11-03-2017 at 23:53 ----------

Hi Pete tash here yes i am going heard John staniforth Bob Nolan Steve asguith Alan Smith Pete boldock Kenny hizam and more its in June get back to me if your going I will tell u right date take care Pete

Bob bolan not Nolan lol he will like me for that when he sees me lol

Hi Pete M, I remember you I remember Stan Ward now that you've reminded us. The details for the Firth Park/Hatfield House Lane reunion are "Saturday 17 June 2017. Civil Sports Club, Green Lane, Ecclesfield from 7.30pm". Gill Eccles-Smith needs to know numbers and can be contacted via the facebook group I mentioned earlier in this thread. Hope to see you in June.

Hi John,been a few years hasn't it, mi memory went same time has mi hair. .....looking forward to seeing you all and in the words of Micheal Jackson I'll be there.( lol.) regards Pete mirff.

Hi John,

I remember you from what seems like two or three life times ago now. I was in the year above you at school and know lots of the names you mentioned including Gary Graham, Alan Smith and Paul Neville. My best mates were Andrew Barber, Andrew Davis and Philip Rodgers do you remember them.

A friend of mine, Stephen/Steven Davis lived on Bold St and was a friend of the people you mentioned too. I'm sure Phil Rogers moved to the Flower estate if memory serves. Steve's family moved to Handsworth and he joined the RE bomb disposal unit when he left school aged 16. Steve had a younger sister, I can't remember her name though. Also from memory, a classmate Doreen Broomhead lived close by (Bold St). What would your name be?