Anyone From Carbrook?

People get mixed up went to Cabrook school C/E bottom of carbrook st,the school on attercliffe common is the carbrook Board school sign still there on a stone over the old entrance.

Hi jeano, i'm steve swift . lived on janson street at 21 till 1957 then my mum and dad took over the conservative club ont common. Knew your steve when he worked behind the bar at Bellhouse rd WMC. He once gave me a lift in that BOND BUG he had. Hair raising experience. Iremember going to that little window at the Lambpool to get a jug of beer for my dad. I'm trying to find Yvonne Ware, she lived on Carltonville rd in the 70's.

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 00:49 ----------

Hi keith storer, steve swift here. Me and you were in pop naylors class at coleridge road. Can't remember the names of your two mates who passed the eleven pluss. Think one was called Richard. Great site this. Like to hear from you.

Memory recall,l lived at No 4Higgitt Rd in the fifties,then my uncle moved there early sixties,Harry Parker

---------- Post added 22-10-2015 at 08:32 ----------

Anyone remember the name of the blind pianist who played in the Bird In Hand,last tune was always Jerusalem when everyone sang along.

Blind Joe was his name he use to live on the old Stovin Road

Edited by raymondo1952
PUT OLD ADDRESS IN

Hi Jean I rember you and your family. My sister is Susan and brother Steven in 1966 Paul was born. Great times back then.

im nellie strutts son my dad was tom wright who worked at

firth vickers on weedon st for many years

Does anyone remember Carbrook school teachers?

Miss Carr and Miss Middleton, the headmistresses.

Mrs Valentine; Mrs Tucker; Miss Deakin; Miss Denby

Mr Wilde; Mrs Dobson;Miss Dungworth; Mrs Featherstone; Miss Renshaw.

I remember Miss Renshaw had long red fingernails and drove a green morris minor. she took the girls for needlework and used to peer at you over the top of her specs . to some she was a tartar but i only recall she was ok with me.

Anyone remember any others?

Hi only just joins this site my name is Mick Fowler we lived on bold st I'm the youngest of the Fowler`s got a few brothers and sisters that went to carbrook / coleridge road school vick,jean Trevor and Arlene .less at carbrook from 65 to 71 and I remember all those names of the teachers

---------- Post added 05-03-2017 at 20:53 ----------

Does anyone remember Carbrook school teachers?

Miss Carr and Miss Middleton, the headmistresses.

Mrs Valentine; Mrs Tucker; Miss Deakin; Miss Denby

Mr Wilde; Mrs Dobson;Miss Dungworth; Mrs Featherstone; Miss Renshaw.

I remember Miss Renshaw had long red fingernails and drove a green morris minor. she took the girls for needlework and used to peer at you over the top of her specs . to some she was a tartar but i only recall she was ok with me.

Anyone remember any others?

hi i lived on rotherham st i remember 3 more teachers david dunlop david marshall graham wassall
l was in both David Marshall and David Dunlop classes ,l lived in bold street our yard opened into steadfast street

---------- Post added 05-03-2017 at 20:56 ----------

Anyone from carbrook county that remembers the Fowler from bold street

Hi Mick I was born in 1956 think your sister was in my class I lived on Rotherham st

Hi Mick I was born in 1956 think your sister was in my class I lived on Rotherham st

That would be about right I think that's the same year as Arlene our front door was on bold street and our yard was on steadfast street just a couple of streets away from you what's your name ?

His name is Mr T Ash .... Young Fowler ... Lol

That would be about right I think that's the same year as Arlene our front door was on bold street and our yard was on steadfast street just a couple of streets away from you what's your name ?

Hi Mick my name is Terence ash a lot of schoolmates called me tash

---------- Post added 07-03-2017 at 08:53 ----------

Hi Mick just like to say all school kids in your Arlene and my year that went to Hatfield house lane later firth park there is a reunion at civil service club ecclesfield in June

Hi Tez, is that those born in 56/57 yr. I'll mention it to our Pete. Hi Mick, ain't seen nothing of you guys since your Trev was a mate and Arlene and I were good friends lol. Nearly 48 yrs ago. My name is Paul.

Hi Tez, is that those born in 56/57 yr. I'll mention it to our Pete. Hi Mick, ain't seen nothing of you guys since your Trev was a mate and Arlene and I were good friends lol. Nearly 48 yrs ago. My name is Paul.

Hi Paul YeP 56 or 57 I was 60 last October your Peter was in same class as me last time I saw u was in ecclesfield wmc u was singing on stage are u still singing on clubs told my cousin I Saw u in our club years ago now u know my cousin think he was in ur year at school John Sears if Peter want to go to reunion I will get the date for u