Hillsborough Hotel

oh no! had no idea the hillsborough hotel was in trouble / changed hands. is the crown brewery affected, or has it gone south?

hope the changeover works - it'd be a crying shame if this lovely pub struggled.

HH now being run by Alison and Michelle. The Crown Brewery si affected but only in the fact that there will be a name change they still intend to brew

phew - i'd be rather upset if HPA disapeared. message me if they need any help with rebranding! :D

phew - i'd be rather upset if HPA disapeared. message me if they need any help with rebranding! :D

I've found the quality of the HPA to be extremely variable the last few times I've had it. In the past it used to be a cracking pint.

The Stannington Stout was my fave.

i'm not as frequent in my visits as i'd like (still don't really have any drinking partners in my new city, and feel a bit odd going to pubs on my own, as a bloke in my thirties), but the night before my wedding, i had a few pints of 'liability', which for my money was my favourite sheffield pint i'd had.

i was a bit nervous though!

I've found the quality of the HPA to be extremely variable the last few times I've had it. In the past it used to be a cracking pint.

The Stannington Stout was my fave.

It's worth noting that Crown lost their main brewer to Magic Rock last year. Not had any Crown beers for a while, and I'm not sure if it should have much effect but there you go.

Popped in The Hillsborough today for lunch and was pleasantly impressed.

Only had a sandwich each and homemade chips & the nicest onion rings I've ever had. Only £8 for the lot!

But the main thing was the beer quality, much improved over the last time I was in over a year ago. The Wood Street brews were spot on and the use of 'sparklers' now has made a huge difference.

Hope the new team succeeds there, chatting to Michelle(one of the managers) they seem determined to make it work, and I hope it does.

:thumbsup:

It's worth noting that Crown lost their main brewer to Magic Rock last year. Not had any Crown beers for a while, and I'm not sure if it should have much effect but there you go.

We called in a couple of weeks ago.

The brewery is closed and has gone elsewhere.

However we were a bit put out to find the website doesn't actually belong to the hotel

http://www.hillsborough-hotel.co.uk/

We called in for food and having ordered one of the offers were told that it did not apply. It seems the website belongs to a previous landlady and the current owners have no access. So a bit miffed that several of our party were charged twice the advertised price for their lunches.

Beer selection much improved over the declining Crown offerings. The basic session, Mojo, from Tapped is a great session beer, but sometimes they'll have some crackers on from the likes of Siren

Hi

We're sorry to hear that your visit to the Hillsborough hotel was spoilt because of the change to the advertised lunches and prices on the website. We are in the process of getting a new website constructed which will show our new menu, prices, special offers and events etc. Whilst the menu might be slightly more expensive, we take pride in using locally sourced produce, organic free range eggs and seasonal vegetables. We also have a specials board which offers meals at £5 until 6pm which offers a nice range of alternatives to the menu.