Broad Daylight Robbery

If you have a house alarm fitted, you need one, preferably more close neighbours who will act as keyholders and respond if the alarm goes off.

Mine went off last week while I was out, but two neighbours went in, checked all was ok and reset alarm (it had gone off for no reason)

My son works in large department store in the city centre and he says thieves have walked out of the store with washing machines..tvs..all sorts of stuff..even a fully dressed xmas tree few trees ago!! They havent got enough staff to run after them tho....and the security at the store has been 'cut back'..i think we should chop their hands off if folk are caugh stealing..barbaric yes i know..but come on there has to be some kind of deterant (think thats correct spelling??) not be able to nick if they have no hands eh?

Problem is with the curent economic situation, people are desperate.

My friend got burgled 2 days before new yr - she had set off for her honeymoon at 5pm, got to airport, had few drinks/meal and her son got hom at 10pm and it had happened!!

They walked past lots of change and a few notes plus ipod & phone on kitchen table, endless wedding gifts, 15 bottles of champagne, found the keys to the jeep and left them.

In fact they made a mess of the house for a laptop and some money that her hubby kept in house.

She thinks they must have seen the shotgun bullets on top of wardrobe:hihi:

In America - you are the King of your home and you are allowed to use force to get them out...in UK, you use force and you are more likely to be punished than the theiving scum. Just another example of how Labour have wrecked our country..ooops I mean "made it safer by reducing crime":loopy:

I had a full patio set nicked from my garden. God knows how they got in, how they got it over a 7 foot fence and how no one noticed someone carrying a solid wood set of chairs and a massive table down my alleyway!!!

Grrrrrr!!!

Just had a tumble drier stolen from outside my front door (Walkley, S6), while I was inside looking after toddler and 2 month old baby

:(

What a strange place to keep a tumble dryer:|

No one takes any notice of alarms anymore.

vested interest aside .... thats just not true

the O/P`s friend would have lost a lot more if the alarm wasnt sounding

My friend was burgled tuesday. This was middle of the day, they kicked doors down and put plasma tv's, computer etc etc into a van. The alarm was going off, it is suppose to be a neighbour hood watch area, where she lives. So where were all those nosey neighbours, does no one take any notice of people loading up a van with electrical goods with the alarm going off.

how do you know if it was a van?

My mate got some good video of a bloke entering a neighbours house today (Ecclesfield)

We went straight round,the owner wasn't too pleased when he watched the stranger going into his house and leaving in a hurry,

"chummy" had been trying the back door of the other neighbours a few Min's earlier,

Last seen heading up sycamore in light blue jeans and a dark jacket with 4 white squares on it,

he'd got a receding hair line (think .. steve mcdonald)

JJ..