Carfield Intermediate School, 1943-1947.

Anyone remember the name "Womersley" from around 1947 at Carfield?? He'd love to hear from you!!!! :hihi: :hihi:

Mr.Kay was the Headmaster
i was at carfield from 1939 to1945. ted williams mr kay was still headmaster. hoping to here of old friendmuriel braine. who was there at the same time i now live in wiltshireexcelent time ,ndid not want to leave..needed exam results to join the raf as aircrew,joined1948 served ubtil1976. Edited by williams-m26
amendment aditional info

Four years ago I wrote asking if any students who were at Carfield Intermediate during the period 1943-1947 were still with us.Now that I've passed the eighty- year- old threshhold, I am even more curious.

I have very fond memories of the students and most of the staff at Carfield and would enjoy knowing that some of us are still alive and well. If you have the energy and can still hit the keys, please respond to see if we can get some communications going.

I'm a bit worried.!!! Are you and I the only old pupils still alive.

I'm a bit worried.!!! Are you and I the only old pupils still alive.

Of that era maybe.

We're from a later admission I attended from Junior 1956+, and OH from Infants 1953+, we met there and married in 1970.

I attended Carfield Primary 1947-1954,then to High Storrs. Born 1942, lived on Rushdale Road. Migrated to Melbourne, Australia in 1964. Have been in touch with many from that era, but would love to hear from a close friend of those years. Malcolm James Wright, lived on Upper Valley Road. Are you out there Mac?

Attended from 11 plus, 1944,name Ralph Holt,all the staff are familiar, bringing back many memories,although none of the pupils named,I suppose names of your own year are better remembered, i hope to hear more?.

Who was your head teacher at the time?

cv kaywho lived in stradbrooke road woodhouse

The Headmaster at Primary, 47-53 was Mr. E.W.Chandler; A good man.

He was still head when we were there up to 1959/60, as with all the staff he was very strong on discipline but, also fair.

I have recently cleared my 92 year old aunt's house in Nottingham. She has a small bureau with a plaque inside it saying "Presented to Mr W E Bower by the members if staff and by the scholars past and present of the Carfield Intermediate School on the occasion of his retirement as a token of the affection and esteem in which he is held and in recognition of his services as Head Master of the school 1926-1940."

I think he was her uncle. Does anyone know anything about him?

My own great grandfather had a knife factory in Sheffield. I'm also interested to find out about that, but am not sure whether his name was Youle or not!

Chris Youle

I have recently cleared my 92 year old aunt's house in Nottingham. She has a small bureau with a plaque inside it saying "Presented to Mr W E Bower by the members if staff and by the scholars past and present of the Carfield Intermediate School on the occasion of his retirement as a token of the affection and esteem in which he is held and in recognition of his services as Head Master of the school 1926-1940."

I think he was her uncle. Does anyone know anything about him?

My own great grandfather had a knife factory in Sheffield. I'm also interested to find out about that, but am not sure whether his name was Youle or not!

Chris Youle

1925 directory.

Bower William E., schoolmaster, 71 Brookhouse Hill, Fullwood.

Also a W H Bower at Meersbrook

Bower William Henry, assistant schoolmaster, 87 Burcot Road, Meersbrook.