Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

So you parked somewhere you wasn't meant to, got a fine and are now trying to get out of it??

So why is it wrong for them to have fined you for parking somewhere you wasn't meant to?

Yes I am trying to avoid paying money to who by all accounts are a bunch of scammers.

Thanks for your time, jog on and let the people who are trying to help do just that.

Why is it a scam? You parked in a car park which wasn't for the place you were visiting and got into bother for it.

So you parked somewhere you wasn't meant to, got a fine and are now trying to get out of it??

So why is it wrong for them to have fined you for parking somewhere you wasn't meant to?

It's not a fine, it's an invoice asking if you want to pay a parking fee. £25 for a few hours for an out of town parking centre does seem sharp, so I turn down their request of payment.

It's a high charge for sure, but this is not "a scam". You are deliberately choosing to park in their space. The signage is obvious. The fact that the centertainment car park is full doesn't mean that you have a right to park where you choose, even if it does happen to be a park next door.

Legally, you may have no obligation to pay the fine, but morally you do.

Why is it a scam? You parked in a car park which wasn't for the place you were visiting and got into bother for it.

I've done a bit of research since posting and they are just that.

It looks as if they can't legally make me pay and prey on people who will just cough up.

You're obviously the type who has never made a genuine mistake and I take my hat off to you.

It's a high charge for sure, but this is not "a scam". Legally, you may have no obligation to pay the fine, but morally you do.

Oh well, I'll get my cheque book then.

It is NOT a fine. Only the police and council can fine you. Will people get thier facts right before commenting.

Yes it is a scam of sorts, cowboys targeting gullable people

Oh well, I'll get my cheque book then.

And so you should, just to please the people on this thread :D

And so you should, just to please the people on this thread :D

It's morally the right thing to do :loopy:

It's morally the right thing to do :loopy:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Yes I am trying to avoid paying money to who by all accounts are a bunch of scammers.

Thanks for your time, jog on and let the people who are trying to help do just that.

What's the scam then, did they trick you into parking where you shouldn't?

Legally, you may have no obligation to pay the fine, but morally you do.

Parking companies and morals, together at last.