Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

return to sender as it's completely un-enforceable

I would agree either return as sender not available or gone away, im sure they have no legal force and only rely on the honest people getting back in touch with DVLA......and have they have screwed me over once before......take the dumbest route...

I just got one of these "fines" today, after parking in there last Saturday, apparently for 289 minutes, when their limit is 180 minutes. I had no idea there were any enforcements over parking, I saw no signs. I am totally in shock even after reading all the posts about this, it seems it is a scam but I do worry about things like bailiffs. I was parked there the whole time, in Toys R Us, B & W, and McDonalds, so I was not abusing the system in any way as I was shopping in their shops! Looking at some of the posts on other forums however it seems this company keep re-wording their notices. On mine it says I "exceeded the maximum free parking time permitted" and that the "parking terms and conditions are clearly displayed at prominent locations" - but I wasnt looking for any such thing. I certainly never noticed anything. My "fine" is for £50, but says I can pay £25 if I pay within 14 days instead of 28 - after which if I do not pay it will be forwarded to a debt recovery agency. I just rang Toys R Us and the staff member said they are fining loads of people and you have to pay!

What does anyone else think? Im a single parent and just dont have the spare cash but should I enter into negotiations with G24 or just keep quiet do you think? :rant:

See my post #62. Still nothing up to now.

As stated many times previously, the initial letter is an invoice, i.e. a request for payment NOT A FINE, and like any request it CAN BE REFUSED.

DO NOT CONTACT THEM IN ANY WAY, just retain all the letters received.

Regards M.

I still haven't heard anything after my last letter over a month ago saying they may take me to court if i dont pay, that was my 4th letter i think. I've had letters from G24, CCS collect and DWF.....

I would agree either return as sender not available or gone away, im sure they have no legal force and only rely on the honest people getting back in touch with DVLA......and have they have screwed me over once before......take the dumbest route...

How can you justify returning it to sender/not known at this address if you've opened it? I thought these guys were getting these details of the DVLA so it won't be sent to 'the owner/occupuier' will it?

How can you justify returning it to sender/not known at this address if you've opened it? I thought these guys were getting these details of the DVLA so it won't be sent to 'the owner/occupuier' will it?

I dont understand why people want to waste time on these scroats,just ignore them and they will go away.

Has anyone from the forum had the same problem -

I have recently recieved a parking ticket from Park smarter whilst attending the car boot in Chesterfield City center. I had pulled my car onto the grassed area to collect an item which was rather large to carry across the road. When I returned to my car - within 10 minutes - the warden was just issueing the ticket and I explained to him that due to no signs - I was not aware that I could not park there.

I contested the fine due to no signs around and they stated that they had been issueing parking tickets there for over "6 months". If this is the case then why have no signs been erected to state no parking allowed?, this would make people aware and would save on the large amount of fines paid by us - with the cost of one fine they could buy a sign - why has this not been done - I wonder.

Has anyone received a ticket and what was the excuse for issueing it/ outcome?, I would be interested to find out.

Has anyone from the forum had the same problem -

I have recently recieved a parking ticket from Park smarter whilst attending the car boot in Chesterfield City center. I had pulled my car onto the grassed area to collect an item which was rather large to carry across the road. When I returned to my car - within 10 minutes - the warden was just issueing the ticket and I explained to him that due to no signs - I was not aware that I could not park there.

I contested the fine due to no signs around and they stated that they had been issueing parking tickets there for over "6 months". If this is the case then why have no signs been erected to state no parking allowed?, this would make people aware and would save on the large amount of fines paid by us - with the cost of one fine they could buy a sign - why has this not been done - I wonder.

Has anyone received a ticket and what was the excuse for issueing it/ outcome?, I would be interested to find out.

Firstly you dont have a FINE!!!

Ignore it,and the few fake letters that will follow its that simple.

Why are people stupied enough to chase these people to give them money,i just dont get it!

If anyone reading this has money to burn please pm me and ill gladly help in getting rid of some.

wise up and go to....... http://www.pepipoo.com

I had at first thought through reading the previous issues they may not have any power to enforce this fine, but i had found information on Park smarter through the Chesterfield borough Council website so I felt that they may have rights through the council. - So am I wrong - many thanks for your help.

As other members have said check the other posts on here.

There is no such thing as 'civil enforcement', those words don't mean anything, it is a nothing as it doesn't exist.

I was listening to the radio the other day and how the clampdown on these parking companies and rogue clampers will soon go under way - let's all hope they do, but in the meantime, you can help by making the companies suffer huge losses by not paying the 'fines'...which are actually invoices.

People are giving out the wrong advice again. It depends on the Terms and Conditions of the car park. By parking there you have just agreed with the Terms and Conditions. One of the Terms and Conditions will state that if you fail to adhere to their rules then you agree to pay the charge.

Same as when you use a website like this. When you make an account you have a Terms and Conditions page. If you don't agree with the T&Cs then don''t park.

They're non enforceable with regards to the law but they can go to court as a civil matter. What do you think banks do when they don't get their money back?

It does get me why people think they can park on someone's land and feel like they don't have to compensate them for the time or business lost. I imagine if someone parked their car on your drive you would want something done about it. It's simply a professional version of that.

Since receiving (and ignoring) a Parking Charge Notice dated 23 Feb 2009 from G24 Ltd, I have had the following correspondence;

09 Mar 2009 from G24 Ltd. Final Reminder.

1st April 2009 from CCSCOLLECT DEBT COLLECTORS. Formal notice of intended court action.

24th April 2009 from CCSCOLLECT DEBT COLLECTORS. Notice of intended legal action. This is not a court or legal document.

14th May 2009 from CCSCOLLECT DEBT COLLECTORS. 72 hour notice of home visit. We are now making arrangements for one of our collectors to visit you at home. The purpose of this visit is to:

Obtain payment or agree a payment arrangement with you

Investigate your home situation prior to recommending Court Action.

29th May 2009 from Charles Howard & Partners ( which is a trading style of Commercial Collection Services Ltd). Legal Notification.

We have been instructed by CCSCOLLECT (themselves !) etc. etc.

If judgement is obtained, application can be made to enforce the judgement by way of;

Seizure of goods to the value of the judgement

An Attanchment of Earnings via your employer

A Charging Order placed on your property

IF YOU GET A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE FROM G24 Ltd. IGNORE IT. DO NOT CONTACT THEM ABOUT IT.

You will get threatening letters as shown above, and after 3 months they are still blustering, but no Court Order. Why? because they can't prove who the driver of the car was; and they cannot prove how long the car was in the car park, a timed photo showing the car entering and a timed photo showing the car leaving does not prove they were of the same visit.

A poster on another thread has stated the government makes approximately £6 million per annum through the DVLA selling registered keepers' details to such companies as private parking contractors(ppcs) for £2.50 per enquiry. If £3 million of this £6 million was contributed by the ppcs, and they conned £25out of each erring driver, then the ppcs potential annual turnover could reach £30 million. It is a sobering thought that for a few million pounds, the government is assisting some companies to make many more millions of

pounds per annum out of innocent motorists.

Has manaman heard anything else from these people since his last post?

Hi there,

I have just recieved one of these PARKING CHARGE NOTICES, I was going to challenge it but having read everyones comments and reading the comments on pepipoo, I am not going to waste my time. I will keep you all informed of the outcome.